How can we help you today?
Start a new topic

phone book search mode in D725 latest FW

Hello,

a customer uses some D725 with local phone books. Entering a character (i.g. m) in opened phone book performs a full text search, not a jump to the first entry with that character (m).

Is there any setting to change the behavior to jump to the first entry that begins with the typed character and switch off full text search?

Best greetings,

Steffen

Hi,

Please try to disable the parameter

https://service.snom.com/display/wiki/guess_number

Or to set the following parameter to "1" and see if that helps

https://service.snom.com/display/wiki/guess_start_length

Thank you

Unfortunataly no success. Isn't the "guess" feature for dialing numbers, not during the phone book mode?

Hi,

Yes sorry, I misread the initial question: I am afraid then there isn't a way to change that for now in our phonebook, sorry about that.

Hi,

same Problem here, customer isn't amused. I think others will follow...

Anything new about the "Problem"?

Thanks

hi this is srinivas, i too faced the same issue, is there any solution for it.

Hi,

Unfortunately for now that's how the search has been designed onto our phones, to match the search option on LDAP directories.

We have an internal ticket with our developers so they can take a look into this, but we do not currently know if a new functionality will be developed for now I am afraid: if you want to be kept updated please take a look into the release notes in future firmware (the internal ticket reference is SAP-5586) or raise a private ticket to discuss this with our support team.

Thank you 

Hello,

in former firmwares for D725 the behaviour was as expected: pressing a key in phone book jumped down the list to the corresponding character. I just checked with another customer with older D725.

So it is no request for "new functionality" but for the "old" one.

It would have been a good idea to list such an important change in the release notes (at least I couldn't find it in the release notes).

Best greetings,

Steffen

Hi,

With "new" I mean that my goal is to get a parameter allowing the user to choose between the "old" and "new" search: the one you can see now has been requested by many customers and it was developed in our internal ticket SAP-1451 (you can see this in the release notes of the latest firmware)

OK, thanks. For the meantime we'll switch the customer to 10.1.54.13.

Best greetings,

Steffen

Login or Signup to post a comment