How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

How to configure Handsets via provisioning (M700,M70,M25)

I work a lot with Provsioning. It works well on the desk phones, but I can't find any options for the DECT handsets on the M700.
I have 20 (m25 and m70) handsets in use at one of my customers
Things I would like to configure for all phones, for example:
  * Ringtones
  * record missed calls > off
  * Date Format

I would not like to set it on each handset individually, but from a central location via provioning in the *.htm file.

If there's no other way, I could settle for setting it in the M700.
But I couldn't find anything in any documentation.

Best Answer

Hi Jens,

On the DECT product for the M-series, there are some parameters that cannot be set from the M700 directly, neither via provisioning or web interface: they are single settings that can be changed on each single handset (like the ringtones for example) and they need to be set on the handset itself.

If you can see that a parameter needs to be changed from the handset that's the case, it's not a "common" setting shared by all the devices connected to the M700 and therefore it cannot be changed from the base station directly.

Answer

Hi Jens,

On the DECT product for the M-series, there are some parameters that cannot be set from the M700 directly, neither via provisioning or web interface: they are single settings that can be changed on each single handset (like the ringtones for example) and they need to be set on the handset itself.

If you can see that a parameter needs to be changed from the handset that's the case, it's not a "common" setting shared by all the devices connected to the M700 and therefore it cannot be changed from the base station directly.

Unfortunately, this is very disappointing.

I firmly expected that the handsets could be configured in the same way as the desk phones.

Hi,

I am sorry to hear you are disappointed but there isn't much we can do, the DECT products have their own firmware and set of parameters, so the approach for the two categories of products is different in many ways.

Each handset can have different parameters and the only thing you can provision is actually the base station itself, the individual settings need to be changes from the handsets themselves and there unfortunately is no way around it at the moment.

Login or Signup to post a comment