How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

snom not working starting phone application

Hello everyone,

I have an issue with two Snom 710 telephones:

After installing the factory-new phones both 710 where not reachable via WUI. The phones pulled the IP via DHCP, but I also tested to configure them manually (there are other telephones of the same type working well in the environment). After updating to the latest firmware 8.7.5.35, the WUI is now available for a short period of time until the phones display „Starting Phone Application“. The phones are not reacting to any buttons, as soon as the message is displayed.

What can I do? Is it maybe a hardware issue?

Thanks in advance

IMG1661.jpg
(1.35 MB)

Best Answer

Good news, I found the reason.  because I use Skpye for Business, but the domain "ucupdates-r2.x.com" not contain in  Skpye for Business, It only in lync 2010 or 2013, so I add this domain in my dns server . All is OK.

this is ms explain

A/AAAAucupdates-r2.<sipdomain>
ucupdates-r2.contoso.com
HLB FE Pool VIP Or Director Pool HLB VIP , or SE/Director Server IP
Deploying this record is optional ❸

ThankS for  support.

I try it, but still display starting phone application.

If you are unable to get into the recovery menu, then quite possibly the phone is defective. This article explains the options available to you if this situation.

https://service.snom.com/display/wiki/How+to+deal+with+defective+products 

Regards,

Snom Support

Answer

Good news, I found the reason.  because I use Skpye for Business, but the domain "ucupdates-r2.x.com" not contain in  Skpye for Business, It only in lync 2010 or 2013, so I add this domain in my dns server . All is OK.

this is ms explain

A/AAAAucupdates-r2.<sipdomain>
ucupdates-r2.contoso.com
HLB FE Pool VIP Or Director Pool HLB VIP , or SE/Director Server IP
Deploying this record is optional ❸

ThankS for  support.

Login or Signup to post a comment