How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

D745 and Firmware 10.1.42.14

We are using 3CX and a bigger number of Snom D745 in our company (EU / Germany). OK, D745 is End Of Sale but Snom is still providing new firmware so I guess we can expect some modifications.

With every v10 firmware release until now we have these annoying symbols in the secondary function key display and I found no way to get this disabled (previous behavior). I need to switch the text size to 10 to be able to see the describing text like before. How I understood it the connected option is <fkey_full_label_mode perm="">text</fkey_full_label_mode> but it made no difference. For US is this the default option, but not for EU (icon/text).

Nothing against new features but why change the default without reason or give us a option to disable it?

If there is any command to use in provisioning templates, please let me know. Until then we have to stick with the 8.9.3.x firmware.

Best Answer

Thomas,

Although this article does not mention the D745, the image you provided looks like the fkey dial icon

https://service.snom.com/display/wiki/Snom+Interface+Icons 

Can you have a look at this article and see if the paragraph

"But you are not happy with the phone icon that appears above the name "John". You can replace this icon with any other icon from the existing list. For example, to replace it with a star (fkey favorites) icon:

• set show_icon_on_linekey to off to deactivate the original icon
  • copy the Unicode value from the table on the left
  • paste it under Short Text before the Name "John" (ignore the fact that the web interface displays the icon as an undefined square)"

If you omit the Unicode then theoretically no icon should be shown if that is your goal. 

Regards, 

Snom Support 

Thomas, 

I believe the setting you are trying to modify (font size) of text on the secondary display of the D745 is label_font_size

https://service.snom.com/display/wiki/label_font_size 

Regards,

Snom Support

No, I'm talking about the symbols in the secondary display like in the attached photo. Dots for functions and a phone symbol for every BLF key.

Symbols.png
(116 KB)

Sean,

thanks for your reply. With v10 these symbols take two thirds of the space for every key description, that's why I need no use a small font. Here is the photo of the display with v8.9 firmware for comparision.

It would be great if you can tell me a solution.

Thomas

symbols2.PNG
(215 KB)
Answer

Thomas,

Although this article does not mention the D745, the image you provided looks like the fkey dial icon

https://service.snom.com/display/wiki/Snom+Interface+Icons 

Can you have a look at this article and see if the paragraph

"But you are not happy with the phone icon that appears above the name "John". You can replace this icon with any other icon from the existing list. For example, to replace it with a star (fkey favorites) icon:

• set show_icon_on_linekey to off to deactivate the original icon
  • copy the Unicode value from the table on the left
  • paste it under Short Text before the Name "John" (ignore the fact that the web interface displays the icon as an undefined square)"

If you omit the Unicode then theoretically no icon should be shown if that is your goal. 

Regards, 

Snom Support 

Sean,

this one worked, thank you!

Regards,

Thomas

Thank you for the confirmation that your issue was resolved.

Regards,

Snom Support

Login or Signup to post a comment