How can we help you today?
Start a new topic

10.1.42.14 LDAP reverse lookup can't handle 2 leading 0

If I'm in Germany then someones mobile number starts with 0 and everyony in another local area then myself has a prefix starting with 0, too.

Our telephone system requires to dial a 0 for external calls, so all our numbers are saved in the LDAP directory with a leading 0.

A local number is just 056789, another area number would be 0030356789 and a mobile number 001503456789

The reverse look up for 056789 is working but on incoming calls or by searching the LDAP directory manually the 2 leading 0 are interpreted as +, perhaps while the national code normally starts with 00 and can be substituted with a +. Ths breaks the reverse lookup for all these numbers.

Here in my example, I have the number 004058963215 in my LDAP directory. When searching for it with the number filter (&(|(telephoneNumber=%*)(mobile=%*))(sn=*))

the 2 zeros are changed to a plus and no result is found.

If there's a solution to this by changing the filter etc., I'm all ears but I think this is some kind of bug.

The above search was done with 3 numbers in the search "004", then the 00 is changed to +. 

You can't even search for "0040" because the filter then first tries all "sn" combinations and it seems to break the LDAP search when trying more than 109 Filters. So, eventually the search would also deliver no result (which it does) but not because of the + but because the search with 4 numbers can't handle more than 109 filters.

Hi Daniel,

To get rid of the extended combination search please disable Quick Lookup under Preferences. I just tested this and found that disabling Quick Lookup also fixes the problem that 00 is replaced with +. If Quick Lookup is disabled, the search looks for both, +4 and 004.

I would say that the replacement of 00 with + and not searching for 00 any more is a bug for the case when Quick Lookup is enabled. I opened a bug for this, internal reference number: SAP-4025

Thanks

Catalina

Hi,

I'm sorry if it wasn't clear that all my searches above where done using Quick Lookup. I wasn't aware this isn't the "normal" LDAP search. You're right, the LDAP search works with 0040 if Quick Lookup is disabled but I don't want that because Quick Lookup is the feature I really want to use because I can just type the start of a number or a name and I get all the results I want (in theory). I just want to type 0040 and it should show me all numbers in the LDAP directory starting with 0040 and that's what isn't working. Sorry, if this was a missunderstanding! This feature is working for names but not numbers (starting with 00). So, you're right that there's problem how Quick Lookup is handling the search.

Hi Daniel,

The bug is currently in the queue waiting for our development team. 

Would you like me to open a ticket for you so that we can inform you as soon as we have a solution for it?

Thanks

Catalina

Login or Signup to post a comment