How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

Upgrading firmware from an old version

I am attempting to upgrade the firmware on my SNOM M700.  Current firmware details are:

IPDECT/03.23/B0005/24-Oct-2014 13:14

When I go to the firmware update section, I am only able to enter the required version and not the branch.

I am using http://dect.snom.com as the update server and 450 as the required version but what else do I need to do to update this firmware.

Best Answer

Hello, 

You need to perform a few steps to get to version 450.

• In case you are doing the update from a 323 version you need first to update to the version 324B12. (see attached file)
  • Then proceed with the update to 355. (see attached file)
  • from 355 you will be able to upgrade to version 450.

best regards

snom support team

txt
(1002 Bytes)
txt

Answer

Hello, 

You need to perform a few steps to get to version 450.

• In case you are doing the update from a 323 version you need first to update to the version 324B12. (see attached file)
  • Then proceed with the update to 355. (see attached file)
  • from 355 you will be able to upgrade to version 450.

best regards

snom support team

txt
(1002 Bytes)
txt

Thanks.  These instructions worked for the M700 but not the M65.  I will open a separate thread for the M65.

Hello,

I am having the same issue with updating firmware on an M700 from the same older version but the path specified in the first document is no longer valid.
For security reasons, our devices are not able to connect directly to the Internet.  Is there a way you can provide a link to the actual firmware file so I can host it locally on our server instead of connecting to Snom?

Thank you,

Hi Nathan,

You can still find the old paths here: open http://wiki.snom.com/M-series/Firmware?redirect=no , then look for the text "If you have read and understood the Release Notes and all the reported information, click here to show the latest version and the download links", and inside this text click on "here" . Then scroll down to the binary links.

Thanks

Catalina

1 person likes this

Thank you, Catalina.  I was able to download the update files and so far everything is working well.

Login or Signup to post a comment