How can we help you today?
Start a new topic

Snom-PA does not save configuration.

Hi All,

I am trying to configure my Snom-PA to auto answer all calls. 

From the Web Console Setup> Identity > Sip > Auto Answer: yes

I then apply settings. A message pops up "Some settings are not saved permanently, would you like to save settings" and then I click save.

However, after a few hours/days the settings revert and Auto Answer is turned off.

Can anyone help with this?

1 Comment

Ky,

Are you using provisioning with the PA1? It sounds like a permission flag issue and the settings being overwritten via a settings update with the Provisioning Server

Features/Mass Deployment/Setting Files/XML/Flags

FeaturesMass DeploymentSetting FilesXML

Flags are defined as "permission flags" in the string "perm" within XML tags. Valid values are:

• perm="!": The configuration parameter can be changed by the user and will not be overwritten by mass provisioning.
NOTE: If administrators want to be able to overwrite user parameter definitions, they need to use perm="$". With perm="!", the settings can be changed by mass provisioning only if the end user has not made changes to the configuration on the phone itself or on its web interface.
  • perm="&" or perm="R" or perm=" ": The configuration parameters are Read Only and cannot be changed by the end user.
  • perm="$" or perm="RW" or perm="" The configuration parameters can be changed by the end user but will be overwritten by mass provisioning.

NOTE: The snom m9 only supports R and RW values for the settings permissions.

Login or Signup to post a comment