How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

How to Stream Panasonic Camera on Snom760

Hello!

I'm looking to pull up a stream onto a Snom760 phone (Firmware: 8.7.4.5t) mini display from a Panasonic camera (WV-SW115) when an audio intercom button is pressed. I have everything functioning, except for the camera stream. I've been able to pull a MJPEG network stream into VLC media player from the camera with this URL outline:

http://<<Camera User:Password>>@<<Camera IP>>/cgi-bin/mjpeg

However, when I use this URL in the 'Action URL' section of the Snom760, nothing comes up.

Below are some things that I've trialed to no avail:

• Authentication of camera changed to 'basic authentication' rather than digest
  • Removed authentication on camera completely (no user/password required for stream)
  • Decreased camera resolution to 320x180 and lowered quality/frame rate to lowest quality conditions
  • Trialed multiple different Action URLs as suggested by Panasonic support

I'm wondering if perhaps there is some sort of XML code I need to put in place here. Perhaps something similar to the Axis camera XML code which seems to be more commonly used with the Snom phones. I have noticed something close to this has been suggested in this wiki article. I'm not quite familiar with XML coding, but I'll take a stab at it.

Any advice/help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading and I hope to hear from you!

Best Answer

Alexander,

Try upgrading the firmware on the Snom 760 to 8.7.5.44 and/or 8.9.3.80 and changing the resolution to 320x240. If you're still having and issue set the Syslog to debug and look into the log to see if there are any errors to indicate why the feed is not rendering on the phone's LCD.

Regards,

Sean Collins

Snom Technical Support

1 Comment

Answer

Alexander,

Try upgrading the firmware on the Snom 760 to 8.7.5.44 and/or 8.9.3.80 and changing the resolution to 320x240. If you're still having and issue set the Syslog to debug and look into the log to see if there are any errors to indicate why the feed is not rendering on the phone's LCD.

Regards,

Sean Collins

Snom Technical Support

Login or Signup to post a comment