How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

Snom 870 + Plantronics W720 wireless headset

I've added a Plantronics W720 wireless headset to my Snom 870 desk phone via a Snom EHS Advanced v2.0. Everything seems to work as expected except the headset microphone, which works fine via Bluetooth to my mobile phone but not via the EHS.

When making a call via the EHS, I can hear a dial tone via the VoIP connection and can make and receive calls using the buttons on the Plantronics equipment but the other person cannot hear me.

The headset mic is not muted (it works fine via mobile phone+Bluetooth) and I can hear the other caller just fine. 

I have attached a pic of the set up, which I believe follows the Snom EHS guide for the 870.

Can you advise how to correct the problem, please?

Best Answer

Giles,

Ensure the Snom 870 has the latest firmware. Did the cable that is going from the Wireless headset to the headset port on the 870 come with the wireless headset? That would be the connection that transfers audio. This headset is not listed on or compatibility list and may thus be unsupported. 

http://wiki.snom.com/Sennheiser,_Jabra_and_Plantronics/Snom3x0-Snom8xx

Regards,

Sean Collins 

Snom Support

Answer

Giles,

Ensure the Snom 870 has the latest firmware. Did the cable that is going from the Wireless headset to the headset port on the 870 come with the wireless headset? That would be the connection that transfers audio. This headset is not listed on or compatibility list and may thus be unsupported. 

http://wiki.snom.com/Sennheiser,_Jabra_and_Plantronics/Snom3x0-Snom8xx

Regards,

Sean Collins 

Snom Support

Thanks Sean. Yes, the cable from the Plantronics W720 headset to the headset port on the Snom 870 phone came with the headset unit. I tested another W720 headset on the same phone and it worked fine. I tested another Snom EHS on the original headset and it also worked fine. The Savi 700 series (of which our W720's are amongst) are listed as compatible headsets in the set-up guide that came with the Snom EHS. It appears that the first Snom EHS I tested is faulty because all other combinations of devices and cables work fine. I'm going to exchange the EHS with a new one.

Login or Signup to post a comment