How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

Info survey M700

Hi all,
need some advice for a survey to deployment of M700 dect multicell system.

The factory I have to cover is a very big site composed of multiple single building in an area. I need to get dect covering inside these building but not necessary between the building. Handover function is not needed by the final customer, and bring ETH cable in the space between the building is very hard.
The problem is that some building are close each other (with dect signal crossing) and some are very far from eachother so no dect cross-covering.

Does M700 work if there is no full dect covering, in other words does M700 work if some building are isolated from dect signal of other building?
Hope to be clear, thanks so much.

Best Answer

Hi, 

I would say your installation can be achieved using the multi master setup(called also multi primary).

This means you should create a multiple DECT trees where the bases inside each building have a full dect covering but they should be (Dect wise) isolated  from other bases inside other building!
In other words between one Dect tree and another you should not have DECT visibility. 

The second point you have to take care of is network connections between all the bases is mandatory; means all the bases must be on the same IP network(VPN for example)!

The following settings have to be enabled:
"Allow multi-primary" and "Auto configure DECT sync source tree" . 

I would also suggest to read carefully this document where you will find more informations about the multicell deployment.

This document is very usefull because from the point of view of settings the concept of multi primary is really the same of a single primary: all the settings are synchronised across all the bases via network, so after setting up the system you should have all the handsets on all the bases.

Best regards

snom support team

Answer

Hi, 

I would say your installation can be achieved using the multi master setup(called also multi primary).

This means you should create a multiple DECT trees where the bases inside each building have a full dect covering but they should be (Dect wise) isolated  from other bases inside other building!
In other words between one Dect tree and another you should not have DECT visibility. 

The second point you have to take care of is network connections between all the bases is mandatory; means all the bases must be on the same IP network(VPN for example)!

The following settings have to be enabled:
"Allow multi-primary" and "Auto configure DECT sync source tree" . 

I would also suggest to read carefully this document where you will find more informations about the multicell deployment.

This document is very usefull because from the point of view of settings the concept of multi primary is really the same of a single primary: all the settings are synchronised across all the bases via network, so after setting up the system you should have all the handsets on all the bases.

Best regards

snom support team

Hi Sidaty Khalihinaand thank you for your quick reply

You told me excatly what I need to know and also the guide you linked me will be very useful.

Thank you very much.

You are very welcome! I am gald we could help you!

Best regards

snom support team

Login or Signup to post a comment