How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

M300 Handset paging - autoanswer

We've just bought an M300 system to replace our ageing M9 system. However we have found that the M300 doesn't appear to respond to the SIP alert-info alert-autoanswer header. This means that our handset paging system no longer works.

Is there any way to configure this or is it planned for a future release? This is a show-stopper for us. We already have acceptance issues with the new handsets as nobody here likes any of the ringtones with the possible exception of number 07. (The M9 handsets have a very nice single chime ringtone). We were looking forward to being able to use Remote Ring Control to have differentiated ringing between internal and external calls -  this was a major cause of dissatisfaction with the M9 - but the ringtone for external (01) calls is hated by everybody so we have had to disable this. If we can't make handset paging work then I don't think we'll be able to deploy the M300 at all.

Best Answer

Hello, 

thanks for the clarification! Unfortunately autoanswer an incoming call using SIP alert-info alert-autoanswer is not supported at the moment!

Only the DECT  intercom is supported and can be activated on the handset under settings menu--->AutoAnswer. 

We opened a features request for both cases but for the time being we cannot say when this will be implemented.

internal reference numbers: 
DECT-518: Support for SIP alert-info alert-autoanswer header

DECT-519: Possiblility  to specify which ringtone is used for which alert keyword and/or to  configure the alert keywords (as on the desk phones).

Best regards

snom support

Hello, 

the Remote Ring Control is supported starting from fw version 355B16!

see more under this FAQ

Upgrade is availible here

Best regards

snom support team

I know that Remote Ring Control is supported from that version, and indeed I am currently running the latest version 4.10B. However this *does not* provide the ability to make the handset autoanswer an incoming call using the SIP alert-info alert-autoanswer header.

Also the Remote Ring Control ringtones are far from pleasant. It would be nice if it were possible to specify which ringtone is used for which alert keyword and/or to configure the alert keywords (as on the desk phones).

Best regards

Peter

Answer

Hello, 

thanks for the clarification! Unfortunately autoanswer an incoming call using SIP alert-info alert-autoanswer is not supported at the moment!

Only the DECT  intercom is supported and can be activated on the handset under settings menu--->AutoAnswer. 

We opened a features request for both cases but for the time being we cannot say when this will be implemented.

internal reference numbers: 
DECT-518: Support for SIP alert-info alert-autoanswer header

DECT-519: Possiblility  to specify which ringtone is used for which alert keyword and/or to  configure the alert keywords (as on the desk phones).

Best regards

snom support

Thank you! I will await developments.

Peter

Hello Peter, 

you are welcome!

snom support team

Login or Signup to post a comment