How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

Snom M85 Central Phonebook Multicell 3CX

Since last this month our company deployed our first multicell Snom m700 configuration with the snom M65 and M85. All went according to plan but the customer has a few questions where i can't find the answers for. 

1. Snom M85 central phonebook? The M65 shows the 3cx phonebook and you can browse it, but on the Snom M85 it seems that the option Central Phonebook is missing? Is this feature not supported on the M85? Firmware of the Base is 03.55 handset B0025 

2. On the Snom M65 and on the M85 the 3cx provisioning is only on the surname and not the first name and surname? Is this a 3cx setting and do i have to manually change that in the provisioning template? 

Best regards,

Anthon

Best Answer

Hi Catalina,

Yes , after the upgrade to 400 B2 all the phonebook problems dissapeared and it works better then before :) The missing phonebook was a mismatch in Firmware between the m85 and the m700 wich was also fixed after the upgrade.

Thank you for your help,

Best regards,

Anthon

Hi Anthon,

1. I would suggest to update base station and handsets to version 400B2 or above. With older versions we had an issue with the central phonebook, which is fixed as of 400B2. Please read carefully the information about upgrading here: http://wiki.snom.com/M-series/Firmware, and remember to update the hansdets after the base station has been updated

2. I have seen this with other customers too. The setting comes this way from the 3cx template, so yes you would have to change it there

Thanks

Catalina

1 person likes this

Hi Catalina,

Thank you for your quick reply, i just tested how to do a firmware update in our office and i will install the update tonight for the customer to see if this solves the problem with the phonebook. If i understand it correctly the M85 should have the central phonebook aswell?

2. Oke so that is going to be quite the challenge, i will create a ticket with them to see how that would be possible or if they can change it in the future.

Best regards,

Anthon

Hi Anthon,

Yes, M85 should have the 3cx phonebook. The issue which was fixed as of version 400B2 is rather related to which base station the handset connects to. The M85 could be failing to show the address book because it got connected to another base station than the M65.

One more thing: if you still have issues with the address book after the upgrade, there is another issue that can appear: if you have an address book entry with an empty name, that can cause problems. You could manually check the address book and make sure that all entries have a non-empty name and number (for example an empty name field looks like this: <name/>, a non-empty name field looks like this: <name>John Doe</name>)

Good luck with the upgrade! 

Hi Catalina,

The issue was that on the M65 you have a phonebook and a company phonebook. On the M85 it can see the phonebook but the icon for company phonebook is not visible at all. I hope the update will fix this so the M85 can see the phonebook aswell. And its a multicell Dect with 8 Base stations and 35 handsets and the m85 is the only phone without the phonebook.

I will look into the phonebook to see if that's the case. 

Thank you ,

Best regards,

Anthon

Hi Anthon,

Is the problem solved now?

Thanks

Catalina

Answer

Hi Catalina,

Yes , after the upgrade to 400 B2 all the phonebook problems dissapeared and it works better then before :) The missing phonebook was a mismatch in Firmware between the m85 and the m700 wich was also fixed after the upgrade.

Thank you for your help,

Best regards,

Anthon

Login or Signup to post a comment