How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

D710 issues after TFTP recovery

My Snom D710 had corrupt Firmware. The device had to be recovered using TFTP method to reload FW 8.7.5.35 .

After the phone was recovered I tried upgrading to FW 8.9.3.80.

The update installs fine, but every time the phone boots it then goes into a loop whereby it downgrades back to FW 8.7.5.35 .

On FW 8.7.5.35 it will not connect to my VOIP provider.

How can I fix this?

Best Answer

I have converted this entry to a ticket because I will require some non-public information to assist you further. I will reply to you in the ticket shortly.

Your phone is probably being provisioned with the firmware version 8.7.5.35. Are you sure your provider does not require your phone to have version 8.7.5.35? I would suggest that you first contact your VOIP provider and ask them to check your phone and provision the correct version.

If you have access to the web interface as admin you can disable firmware provisioning to manually upgrade the firmware version but note that this might affect the functionaility of the phone with your provider. This can be done under Advanced -> Update -> change the "Update Policy" to "Never Update, load settings only". See more information here: http://wiki.snom.com/wiki/index.php/Settings/update_policy

It sounds like that is exactly the issue.

As far as I know, I am the admin, but it won't let me change the auto-provisioning settings.

Is there a special way to access the web interface as the admin?

As I say, this all started from the phone firmware becoming corrupt and me following the instructions on the Wiki to TFTP that version of the FW to it as a rescue operation. It specified using that specific FW version, but makes no mention of this auto-provisioning loop!

Yes you are admin but the setting has been provisioned as read-only so it seems you cannot change it.

Does domain "pack-net" seem related to your provider? When you recovered the firmware you did as well a factory reset of the phone, which enabled the default provisioning method which redirects to this provider. This provider provisions the firmware version which is causing the loop.

I bought the phones secondhand. They have been working fine for ages and only just developed this issue. 

It does look like the phone is somehow locked to that other provider. This is something that has only occurred after the TFTP recovery - very annoying.

Do you know which VoIP provider I should contact to resolve this? pack-net or my current provider, voipfone?

Answer

I have converted this entry to a ticket because I will require some non-public information to assist you further. I will reply to you in the ticket shortly.

Login or Signup to post a comment