How can we help you today?
Start a new topic

PA1 works, but caller does not know when to start speaking

I have set up a PA1 that works fine. The caller can call the PA1, which automatically answers the phone, beeps (through the loudspeaker) and the caller can speak. The problem is, that the caller does not know when exactly the line is ready so that he can speak. The attention/acknowledgement beep is only played through the PA1's speaker which the caller does not hear. Right now the caller must wait a second or two before speaking, assuming that the connection is established.

Is there a way to indicate to the caller that theĀ attention/acknowledgement beep has been played through the speaker and that he is cleared to speak? Like play back the beep both to the speaker and to the caller?

Thank you for your assistance

Thomas,

You could use the "On Connected" Action URL on the PA1 to send an HTTP GET command to the calling phone and play DTMF tones. These tones would serve as an indication to the caller that the call with the PA1 is connected. However, the Action URL can only be used for a single caller/phone IP and the page must be a directly dialed call to the PA1 and not a Multicast Page.

Example: Web UI of PA1 > Action URL Settings > On Connected

This command will trigger the calling phone to play 3 DTMF tones (9, 1 and 3) with a total duration of 3 seconds. You can modify to as many DTMF tones as you prefer.

http://the phones IP address/command.htm?key_dtmf=9 1 3

Regards,

Sean Collins

Snom Support

Hi Sean,

that sounds reasonable. Unfortunately, in our environment different phones will call the PA1 to make announcements... I guess there's no way to get a all-clear-to-speek beep to any caller, regardless of who is calling (could even be an external caller)?

Regards,

Thomas

Thomas,

That scenario makes it a little more ticky, but generally, I can not think of a solution for external callers. However, this may be a suitable feature request.

Regards,

Sean Collins

Snom Support

Login or Signup to post a comment