How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

Registering C520 conference phone with 3CX phone System

Hi,

I'm trying to register C520 conference phone with our 3CX Phone system.

When I try to select the phone from the drop down list of available phones, I see that the model isn't mentioned there.

Can you please let me know the steps to manually register the phone

Thank you.

Best Answer

Hi Binoy,

Here is what I would suggest to register the phone with your C520 and 3CX:

1. On the 3CX, open the extension you want to use and under Authentication, get the "Authentication details used by phones & client".

2. Login to the web interface on the C520

Under System -> Account X :

-Check the "Enable Account" box

-Under Display Name and User Identifier, enter your extension number

-Under Authentication Name and Authentication Password, enter the "Authentication details used by phones & client" you got from 3CX

-Under SIP Server -> Server Address (and Port) and Registration -> Server Address (and Port), enter the IP address of your 3CX server

-Press Save

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Catalina

Answer

Hi Binoy,

Here is what I would suggest to register the phone with your C520 and 3CX:

1. On the 3CX, open the extension you want to use and under Authentication, get the "Authentication details used by phones & client".

2. Login to the web interface on the C520

Under System -> Account X :

-Check the "Enable Account" box

-Under Display Name and User Identifier, enter your extension number

-Under Authentication Name and Authentication Password, enter the "Authentication details used by phones & client" you got from 3CX

-Under SIP Server -> Server Address (and Port) and Registration -> Server Address (and Port), enter the IP address of your 3CX server

-Press Save

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Catalina

1 person likes this
Hi Catalina,

Thank you for the reply.
I have one doubt though.
Normal procedure I follow for registering a phone is creating the extension, assigning the extension to the phone by selecting the phone model and entering the MAC address, and configuring the phone via phone's Gui
I've completed the first step, but since the phone model isnt showing up in 3CX, im not able to add the MAC address.
How can I add the MAC address?
Or is it not needed in this case?

Thanks
Binoy

There is no need to add the MAC address in this case since you are doing manual configuration

1 person likes this
Okay, thank you very much for clarifying it. :)
Cheers!

Login or Signup to post a comment