How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

Snom D715 8.9.3.X to 8.7.5.17

Dear Snom,

I have a 3cx v14 installation with about 30 Snom D715.

I had to add N.4 phones, but I forgot 3cx firmware auto update.

So I connected new D715 with firmware 8.9.3.X (don't remember X), then after first boot 3cx had updated to 8.7.5.17 that was the last one on server. After reboot the phone had all lights on and screen empty.

I had to recover the phone with tftp.

Is it bug? Or a downgrade with too old version?

Best regards.

Marco

Best Answer

Signotec,

It is a known and documented issue

"
Important upgrade/downgrade instructions:  

* Any phone running an 8.9.3.x or higher firmware should not be downgraded to a version below 8.7.5.44.  
* This may lead to a deadlock situation where the firmware works, but the phone cannot be updated anymore at all! 
* All versions lower than 8.7.5.44 are affected by this update procedure issue. 
* Only option left to get out from such deadlock situation is to use the network recovery procedure as described in our support How-to  
* If the downgrade is mandatory, use the 8.7.5.44 as an intermediate firmware downgrade step, before you finally install the desired/known as affected version! 
* Please note: if you experience the deadlock situation do not open an RMA case, as this is not a hardware/flash issue! 
"

http://wiki.snom.com/Firmware/V8_9_3_80

Regards,

Sean Collins

Snom Support

1 Comment

Answer

Signotec,

It is a known and documented issue

"
Important upgrade/downgrade instructions:  

* Any phone running an 8.9.3.x or higher firmware should not be downgraded to a version below 8.7.5.44.  
* This may lead to a deadlock situation where the firmware works, but the phone cannot be updated anymore at all! 
* All versions lower than 8.7.5.44 are affected by this update procedure issue. 
* Only option left to get out from such deadlock situation is to use the network recovery procedure as described in our support How-to  
* If the downgrade is mandatory, use the 8.7.5.44 as an intermediate firmware downgrade step, before you finally install the desired/known as affected version! 
* Please note: if you experience the deadlock situation do not open an RMA case, as this is not a hardware/flash issue! 
"

http://wiki.snom.com/Firmware/V8_9_3_80

Regards,

Sean Collins

Snom Support

Login or Signup to post a comment