How can we help you today?
Start a new topic

PA1 Crashes When Saving Multicast Address

Hi,

I have the snomPA1 running SIP 8.7.5.35, when I attempt to save a multicast address the PA1 crashes and has to be restarted, when done the IP is not there, I tried setting this by XML but it also crashed.

TIA 

David,

Can you provide the parameter (multicast_relay_address, mc_address) and value (multicast address and port) you are trying to set?

Regards,

Sean Collins 

Snom Support

mc_address1!: Cannot save it crashes
multicast_relay_address1!: 239.255.255.245:5555
multicast_listen!: on

David,

Are you trying to save the same address 239.255.255.245:5555 for both he mc_address and the multicast_relay_address? Please have a look at this Wiki article.

https://helpdesk.snom.com/solution/articles/6000194132-how-to-configure-multicast-paging

Regards,

Sean Collins 

Snom Support

No... I just tested to see if there it would allow me to save it and it did , however if I try to save the  mc_address it crashes!!

Any update? 

David,

mc_address1!: Cannot save it crashes << What is the address you're trying to add?

Regards,

Sean Collins

Snom Support

239.255.255.245:5555

David,

Read back through the thread, specifically where I asked;

"Are you trying to save the same address 239.255.255.245:5555 for both he mc_address and the multicast_relay_address? Please have a look at this Wiki article.

https://helpdesk.snom.com/solution/articles/6000194132-how-to-configure-multicast-paging "

239.255.255.245:5555 is the same as the address you added to the multicast_relay_address1 unless I am missing something.

Regards,

Sean Collins

Snom Support

No... as I mentioned i just tried to save the mc relay to see if there it would allow me to save and it did... that's it but if i try for mc address it crashes 

David,

Is there an active Multicast on your Network (music) being streamed to  239.255.255.245:5555?

I tried with both cast active and inactive

David,

Are you entering the address via the Web UI Identity 1 > RTP > Multicast Relay Address like this?

No i;m entering the mc address not really and yes I tried both via browser and file 

Login or Signup to post a comment