How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

I need a BLF that lights on any identiy beeing busy on a SNOM D375

Hello,

I've got a couple of SNOM D375 running against a Astrisk/FreePBX.

I can setup the BLF lamps to light when a phone is busy on a certain identity, that's fine, but I would like to have it lit whenever the handle ist picked up using any identity. Is that possible?

Otherwise I would need to setup a seperate lamp for the up to 3 identities set up on the phones thus I will run out of lamps soon.

Thanks for your suggestions

Norbert Schmidt

Best Answer

Hello,

I don't think what you want to do is possible using the BLF feature of the phone, as technically, the two others identities are still free when one is busy. 

However, you could use Action URLs (with on onhook and on offhook triggers) to access a server script that keeps track of the status of each phone, and then control the LED remotely using SIP messages:

http://wiki.snom.com/Category:HowTo:LED_Remote_Control

Best regards,

Matthieu

Hi Norbert. 

Yes, this would involve coding everything on the server side. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any public software that could do the job. 

Best regards,

Answer

Hello,

I don't think what you want to do is possible using the BLF feature of the phone, as technically, the two others identities are still free when one is busy. 

However, you could use Action URLs (with on onhook and on offhook triggers) to access a server script that keeps track of the status of each phone, and then control the LED remotely using SIP messages:

http://wiki.snom.com/Category:HowTo:LED_Remote_Control

Best regards,

Matthieu

Hi Matthieu,
thanks for your quick answer. I've gone through the LED_Remote_Control HowTo. As far as I understand, I would have to develop the "server script that keeps track of the status of each phone" myself, right?
I suppose I am not able to develop that script in a reasonable time.... :-(
Is there already a software that would do the job??

Thanks
Norbert

Login or Signup to post a comment