we have a problem, which is simmilar to the following
|● SAP-609||FIX:||Snom 710 / D710: Loss of DTMF or Call Waiting tone after ~280 calls received|
|● SAP-1573||FIX:||Snom 710 / D710: DTMF (in-band) stopped working after ~400 calls and needs a reboot to recover it|
But we don't use 710 / D710 - we have D375/D345 phones. And all of them struggle with DTMF problems as described. The Problem started with 18.104.22.168 and the 22.214.171.124 did not fix the Problem.
When will the fix be available for the D3X5 phones?
Thanks in advance,
This issue has been converted to a ticket.
Unfortunately, we don't have a fix version for the 760 because this product is EOL (see https://helpdesk.snom.com/support/solutions/articles/6000183016-snom-products-lifecycle ). I am sorry for the bad news.
Maybe you can try the workaround (change the setting Identity X >> SIP >> DTMF via SIP INFO : sip info only), or use an older version. We have had one customer who reported that the DTMF issue did not happen with version snom760-126.96.36.199.102, maybe you can try that?
File Name: snom760-188.8.131.52.102-SIP-r.bin
Size: 27 MB
Download URL: http://downloads.snom.com/interop/firmware/184.108.40.206.102/snom760-220.127.116.11.102-SIP-r.bin
Thanks for your prompt reply. That's a pity, our 760s are less than 3 years old but I guess nothing can be done about that. IMO it's quite a critical bug rendering the phone practically unusable every 200 - 300 calls. If I change to DTMF via SIP to SIP INFO only, DTMF stops working entirely but that might be solved with a configuration change on the PBX itself.
Are there any security implications if we downgrade to snom760-18.104.22.168.102?
I know, I wish I could help you more with this. Alternatively you might consider replacing the phones, your reseller/provider should be able to make you a good offer considering that you already have Snom products.
Just note that version 22.214.171.124.102 was not an official release and is not recommended to be used in production. I am not sure about the security considerations, but if you want to be safe maybe try one of the older official releases:
we have tested the firmware snomD765-SIP 126.96.36.199 but the dtmf problem still exists. After a few weeks the dtmf tone is lost. After a reboot it works for some time.
Are there any new information about that?
Most customers have reported version 188.8.131.52 to have fixed the issue. Would you be able to set up persistent logging (with a syslog server or on an USB stick) with log-level set to DEBUG2, lasting from the reboot until the issue occurs?
If yes: your logs would be very helpful to figure out why the issue still occurs in your case. Please open a ticket to provide the logs, or let me know if I should open a ticket for you.
we will try to get the logs. It could be take some time. We will check if we have the possibility for a syslog server.
If we have finished i will contact you again.
One more question: what PBX are you using?
Hi, we are using Asterisk 16.0.1 on centos7 with realtime configuration. Collecting logs at the moment.
as you reported this for D765, it is likely worth monitoring / pilot-testing a few D765 with our Release 10: https://service.snom.com/display/wiki/10.1.33.33
Between 8.9.3.x and 10.x are countless major changes, so that its possible a 10.1.33.33 will never show the DTMF outage you reported.
But first, please make sure you review all details (Release Notes & hints) , plus check out the NewUI and compare to the 8.9.3.x UI your users are familar with.
Thanks and greetings from Berlin,
we have some test phones so we will test the new firmware. Thank you for the notice.
I also have this problem on various Snom D765 phones with FW 184.108.40.206.
Just installed FW 10.1.33.33 on one of the phones. Wow, quite different... I'm a bit torn if I should go directly to FW 10 for all users to get rid of the annoying DTMF problem or try the beta FW 220.127.116.11...
We just experienced the same DTMF issue today on two Snom D785 phones running Firmware Version 10.1.33.33.
Our provider is using an Asterisk server I suppose, DTMF via SIP INFO is set to off.
A reboot temporarily fixed the issue.
Many customers reported to no longer have this issue with version 10.1.33.33.
Would you be able to set up a syslog server and provide the logs from the restart until the issue starts occurring? For instructions see https://helpdesk.snom.com/support/solutions/articles/6000067524-how-to-setup-a-syslog-server-on-a-desktop-phone . If yes, your logs would be very helpful to figure out why the issue still occurs in your case.
If you can get the logs, as soon as the issue starts occurring again please also get the media.htm page (http://IP/media.htm -> reload once and then copy the output).
Please don't post the logs in this forum for data protection reasons. Instead, please open a ticket and provide us the logs, or let me know if I should open a ticket for you.
we were not able to reproduce the issue so far.
I will get back to you, if that happens.
It just happened to us again on a SNOM 715 with the latest 10.1.33.33 firmware. We're using a Freeswitch based PBX. It is quite hard to reproduce, since it happens very randomly.