How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

Snom C520 vs vtech VCS752

Greetings!

I'm in the US and I'm trying to get a new MeetingPoint. I see the old ones are EOL and the new one is the C520. When I reached out to the Snom sales dept in the US, I was told that in the US we needed to purchase the vtech VCS752.

I was thoroughly frustrated as I didn't want a vtech phone. As I started to explore the Snom wiki to verify the settings were consistent on the new c520, I found that the manual looks extremely similar to the vtech manual. The WebUI has the same UX as the vtech phone.

Can someone confirm that these are basically the same phone?

Will Snom be engineering a custom firmware for the phone to make it function the same as the D series phones (meaning provisioning it via the Snom standard XML file, with all of the settings options)?

I rely on those provisioning templates quite heavily, and I hate having to have special one-offs.

Any and all Snom feedback is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Levi

Best Answer

Hello,

Those are indeed the same hardware devices. The firmware has been adapted to Snom standards so that it uses XML files for provisioning. However, the settings and structure are different from what you are used to on the D series. 

Best regards,

1 Comment

Answer

Hello,

Those are indeed the same hardware devices. The firmware has been adapted to Snom standards so that it uses XML files for provisioning. However, the settings and structure are different from what you are used to on the D series. 

Best regards,

Login or Signup to post a comment