How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

After update M700 to v400 no calls can be done

Hello,

after my update of the m700 to the actual version with the 324 to 400 script, the registration of the sip looks normal. But if I want to do a call, the message "Insufficient resources" is shown.

Before the Update everything works fine. The basestation is a single setup with 1x m5 repeater and 8x phones (mix between m25, m65 and 1x m85).

I search something about that issue (https://helpdesk.snom.com/support/solutions/articles/6000129541-what-the-insufficient-resources-error-means-) and find that, but the feature srtp is deactivated.

Can you plz help me with that issue.

Best regards

Patrick

txt
txt

Best Answer

Hello Joseph,

Could you please paste here a snippet from the base station syslog showing a failing call from this handset? 

Also, upgrading to latest firmware version 400b2 could help with this as we fixed some issues with insufficient ressources messages. 

Before you do, please check that none of your handsets are hardware revision RC50:

DECT-475: M65 with hardware revision RC50 cannot be paired with the DECT base do not upgrade to the 400B02 if you are using M65 handsets with hw rev. RC50

You can find the upgrade instructions here:

http://wiki.snom.com/M-series/Firmware

Thanks,

Matthieu

Patrick,

Looking at the Syslog I do not see the "insufficient resources" log message. I'm assuming that the message is being displayed on the LCD of the phone you're trying to place a call from. When does it happen? When you try to make any outbound calls from any of the handsets? Are there any active inbound or outbound calls with the other handsets at the time the message appears (how many active calls are there total)?

Regards,

Snom Support

Hi Sean,
yes correct. If I want to do an outbound call the message is shown.
During my tests, nobody can do an outbound call. But the numbers of calls is not heavy. At the same time I think two or max. three calls.

Everything works fine with the FW-Version 324. To meet the requierments for the multi cell system I update the base station with the FW-Version 400. But before I enable that feature the problems occure.

The company where my voip service is hostet is Fonial.

At the moment I´m not onsite, but what do we need to narrow down the problem?

Regards,
Patrick

Patrick,

We would need you to replicate the issue and then provide the Syslog so we can determine what is happening. Please also note that ring groups and the voice codec used can affect the total number of concurrent calls possible on the base station, which can result in insufficient resources.

https://helpdesk.snom.com/solution/articles/6000129541-what-the-insufficient-resources-error-means-

Regards,

Snom Support

Sean,
please see the logs in annex. I reproduce the issue.

Case:
Call a number and directly after that the text is shown.

In the screenshot of the server settings you can also see that the heavy voice codec is not in use (I hope that is the only area to see that setting).

Thanks for the fast help.

Regards,
Patrick
txt
txt

Patrick,

I am converting this topic into a ticket.

Regards,

Snom Support

Hi Sean,
I am also experincing similar issue. Any update??? as this is not a capacity resorce issue and in my case is just one M65 handset having this issue In a single cell site with seven M65 handset even when there are no calls. This never happened in the previous firm version.
Firmware Version: IPDECT/03.55/B0011

Regards

Joseph

Answer

Hello Joseph,

Could you please paste here a snippet from the base station syslog showing a failing call from this handset? 

Also, upgrading to latest firmware version 400b2 could help with this as we fixed some issues with insufficient ressources messages. 

Before you do, please check that none of your handsets are hardware revision RC50:

DECT-475: M65 with hardware revision RC50 cannot be paired with the DECT base do not upgrade to the 400B02 if you are using M65 handsets with hw rev. RC50

You can find the upgrade instructions here:

http://wiki.snom.com/M-series/Firmware

Thanks,

Matthieu

Hello, we have similar problems in different environments. 400 B2 and 400 B4 are both useless. After upgrading to one of the version the base Stations have problems to connect to the SIP Server. The Extensions are down and we get an SIP error.

Login or Signup to post a comment