How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

Register specific number on sip trunk

Hi,

my sip provider offeres 10 phone numbers to that one account, i want my d305 to use an specific one out of this 10. in the moment d305 registers to the first number.

is this possible ? how ?

thank you

/Joachim

Best Answer

Joachim,

It sounds like you have a SIP trunk from your provider instead of individual SIP lines. Assigning/associating the DIDs from the SIP trunk to the particular handsets/extension, should be a configuration of your Fritzbox. You may want to consult the documentation for your Fritzbox or check their Support Forum for guidance.

Regards,

Sean Collins

Snom Support

Hi Joachim,

your phone has 4 SIP Accounts so theretically you can register 4 SIP numbers on the phone!

You said that the D305 always registers to the first number. I guess your D305 is provisioned by your provider! Isn't?

If you have the SIP Accounts Credentials and the phone is in admin mode you will be able to perform the SIP registration for the SIP account you desire.

Best regards

Hi,
my provider only offers me ONE sip Account with 10 different phone numbers.
if i configure my fritzbox to use this account, all is ok.
but for different reasons, i want my snom phones to use this account directly.
so, i need to register snom 1 with phone number 1, and snom 2 with phone number 2.
the account at the provider keeps the same for all numbers.

/Joachim

Answer

Joachim,

It sounds like you have a SIP trunk from your provider instead of individual SIP lines. Assigning/associating the DIDs from the SIP trunk to the particular handsets/extension, should be a configuration of your Fritzbox. You may want to consult the documentation for your Fritzbox or check their Support Forum for guidance.

Regards,

Sean Collins

Snom Support

Login or Signup to post a comment