How can we help you today?
Start a new topic

M700 / M65 transfer call

Hi,

we are planning on using 5-6 M700 basestations with a number of M65 Handsets on our 3CX-PBX.

So far our testing setup works reasonably well, but I cannot figure out if some kind of internal phonebook for call forwarding is possible on the M65 handsets.

Situation as follows: External call, somebody picks up, wants to forward to somebody else internally. This is, of course possible, but you have to know the extension of the person you want to forward to, which is mildly annoying. On our desk-phones, we do have speed-dial buttons and a list that is browseable in case the person you need is not on speed-dial.

Is something like this even doable using the M700/M65 combo?

Best regards,

Tilman

Hi,

thanks for reaching us.

After pressing the Transfer button your M65 should display the Contacts soft key. Pressing the key you should access the local and the central addressbook.

Which version are you running on your system (base and handset)?

Thanks

Hi Pietro,

thank you for your answer. I am running 03.55.0022 and am not getting a softkey, I can, however, access the phonebook using the phonebook-key. Must have missed that one first time around.

There is only two phonebooks, one "per handset" and one global. I would like an internal phonebook, provided by my pbx, as mixing internal and external numbers in the global phonebook does not look like a great idea to me (the phonebook being limited to 200 numbers does not help here, too. Is there any chance this might change in the future, btw.?).

Best regards,

Tilman

Hi,

if you want you can try to perform a Master reset of the handset, this should make the softkeys appearing.

Please be aware that after the reset you will have to perform the DECT registration of the handset and you will loose the local handset phonebook.

About the phonebook I think you can use the Global one.. why this doesn't sounds good ?

Thanks

Hi,

I did the Master reset, no change.

Using the global phonebook is bad for two reasons:

1. We are using the global phonebook on our PBX for external numbers everybody needs to call once in a while. Using this means I have to mix internal and external numbers.

2. The global phonebook is limited to 200 entries, which is not a lot to begin with. We do have 30+ extensions, which will take up more than 10% of the phonebook already.

Best regards,

Tilman

Login or Signup to post a comment