How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

DND on D725

Is there a way to disable the ability to turn on DND from the menu of a Snom 720/D725. I can disable the DND button with "<no_dnd perm="PERMISSIONFLAG">VALIDVALUE</no_dnd>" but this does not disable the ability to disable DND when you press the menu button.

Additionally if you turn on DND from the menu there is no way to turn it off.

Best Answer

I think you are using a remapping for the Menu key, that redirects to a custom XML menu, because there is no DND option in the standard phone menu. 

You should check on the Function Keys menu of the web interface to see the key assignment. 

I am referring the the hard menu button on the 720/D725 not the settings on the soft keys.

Helle Alan,

Could you be more specific, and describe how do you enable or disable DND through the phone's menu? 

Best regards,

I press the Menu button. The first choice is "Turn DND On". I select it and DND is on. If I hit the menu button again when DND is on it has no choice to turn DND off. If DND is on the menu choice would be Turn DND off but it still says Turn DND On.

I often disable DND on the phone using "<no_dnd perm="RW">on</no_dnd>", this disables the hard DND button on the phone but does not disable being able to turn on DND from the menu. People will turn on DND from the menu (since it is not disabled) and not be able to turn it off since the hard DND button is disabled and there is no menu choice to turn DND off.

If DND is disabled both the hard button and the ability to turn DND on/off from the menu should be disabled.

If DND is not disabled the menu should allow you to turn DND off if it is turned on and turn it on if it is off.

To get around this I have remapped the menu button to a different key. This has the effect of disabling the menu button.

Hello Alan,

Could you tell me what firmware version you are running on the D725? 

Using 8.9.3.60, but the same issue is also in the last several releases. This is also happening on the 720.

Were you able to replicate this issue?

Answer

I think you are using a remapping for the Menu key, that redirects to a custom XML menu, because there is no DND option in the standard phone menu. 

You should check on the Function Keys menu of the web interface to see the key assignment. 

Well it is remapped. I did not know this was possible. We use Vodia pBX and they remap the settings key.

Thank you

Login or Signup to post a comment