How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

snom m9r does not charge anymore

Hi, my snom m9r does not work anymor. the handset will not turn on anymore. 

I plug it into the base station - for about half an hour - and noting happens. The LED on the base station does not come on and the handset remains dead. Should i be able to start it with the battery out? Can that be a batter defect? 

The base station has power, that i allready veryfied.

thanks for your help

David

Best Answer

David,

If you suspect the phone is defective you will want to discuss an RMA with the Reseller you purchased it from.

Regards,

Snom Support

David,

Are you able to isolate the problem to the battery or the charging cradle? It sounds like you will need to replace one or the other.

Regards,

Snom Support

Hi Sean,

thanks for your answer. The charging cradle has some output (I don't have an multimeter, but it is around 6V, so that sounds about fine).

When i plug in a USB Cable at the hidden port next to the battery, the phone comes on instantly but the battery still gets not charged.

So my question is: If the battery is dead, does the phone not start up in the charging cradle? Or does that seem like another error?

Thanks

David

David,

From your description, it sounds like the battery is defective and you need a new one.

Thanks for your help.

So if the battery is dead, it is expected behavior that the phone does not turn on when in the craddle?

Kind regards

David

Correct

Hi Sean, i now have the replacement battery in the phone and still nothing happens.

kind regards

David

Answer

David,

If you suspect the phone is defective you will want to discuss an RMA with the Reseller you purchased it from.

Regards,

Snom Support

Login or Signup to post a comment