How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

Snom 710 network identity port problem

From my pbx I see that a specific Snom 710 registers with a different port from the one configured.

The following line shows the registration of the device

<sip:462@192.168.99.54:53195;transport=tcp;line=i3bwsf22;x-sipX-nonat>

It registers with port 53195 but from the web interface you can see that 5060 is configured as the network identity port.

The phone is being configured through provisioning.

Also the firmware version is 

Firmware-Version: snom710-SIP 8.7.5.17

and it is different from the rest of the phones that are on the same location that have the following

Firmware-Version: snom710-SIP 8.7.3.25.5

Best Answer

Ok I tested with a Snom 710, and could not reproduce your issue, both with FW 8.7.5.17 and 8.7.3.25. 

I configured network_id_port to 5060 via provisioning and reset the phone. Since network_id_port is a setting requiring a reboot, at first boot the setting is not enforced, the SIP port used is still random  (for ex.: Contact: 106@192.168.x.x:32768)

Then I rebooted the phone, and got the setting applied (Contact: 106@192.168.x.x:5060)

Did you reboot the phone a second time after provisioning ? 

The only difference is the black color on the D710. The hardware is the same. 

I noticed that the device is D710 and not a regular 710 unit. What's the difference between the two?

Hello Sotiris,

Absolutely, you can downgrade the firmware using either the web interface (Software update, Manual software update) or the recovery method above. 

As for your provisioning template, you can confirm if it is causing the problem by resetting the phone with the same version and applying the template again, and then applying the same template on a downgraded phone. 

Best regards,

Through this procedure can a phone to be downgraded to previous firmware?

Also the pbx (an Ezuce installation) can provision snom phones but it doesn't have the 710 in its list. For this reason I am using as a configuration template the Snom 300 that my pbx supports.

I didn't have five years now a problem using this method, could it be that there is something different in the template and this firmware version throws this error/problem?

Hello Soritis,

No I've never seen such problem before. Please try resetting the phone by going to Advanced menu on the web interface, then on the Update tab you'll find a "Reset" button.

This will reset all the settings but it is not a full factory reset. To do so, you'll need to boot the phone into recovery mode and restore the firmware via network (tftp or http) :

https://helpdesk.snom.com/support/solutions/articles/6000071238-how-to-reset-a-desktop-phone-to-the-factory-defaults-via-network-recovery

Best regards,

Well I think there is a problem with the phone, when I press on the home screen of the web interface the call report is messed up

This is a pic from the phone's web interface 

and this is from another phone at the same location

Is there a way to reset the device to factory defaults from the web interface to manually configure it? If you have seen this problem again please advise how to fix this issue.

Hi Sotiris,

I'm glad your network identity port problem is solved. As for the Snom 710, it can handles up to 4 simultaneous calls. 

Best regards,

The phone rebooted and gets the right port. Thank you for your input.

One last question, how many simutalneous calls cann handle the specific unit when call waiting is enabled?

I am asking because for this specific phone I am getting reports from the client that sometimes doesn't ring and the pbx failovers the call to the voicemail.

I am thinking that the caller gets too many calls and some of them failover to voicemail. The problem doesn't happen with every call.

I will reboot the phone and let you know. Thank you for your response.

Answer

Ok I tested with a Snom 710, and could not reproduce your issue, both with FW 8.7.5.17 and 8.7.3.25. 

I configured network_id_port to 5060 via provisioning and reset the phone. Since network_id_port is a setting requiring a reboot, at first boot the setting is not enforced, the SIP port used is still random  (for ex.: Contact: 106@192.168.x.x:32768)

Then I rebooted the phone, and got the setting applied (Contact: 106@192.168.x.x:5060)

Did you reboot the phone a second time after provisioning ? 

You are right, the SIP port should be set to 5060 with the settings you are using. I'll check with the same version you are using to confirm. 

Why the rest of the Snom 710 register with 5060 and not a random port?

I am asking because I have a problem with the specific phone and sometimes it cannot receive calls. The rest of the phones work fine.

Yes you are right if I reboot the phone it uses a different port but can I define 5060 as the port that will use to register to my pbx. I think this is what makes the phone not work properly.

Dear Sotiris,

The port number 53195 you see on you PBX is the source port of the SIP link to you PBX. It is randomly defined by the phone when connecting. 

The network identity port, if defined, is the port the phone will listen for incoming SIP communications (to receive direct SIP calls for example). 

Best regards,

Login or Signup to post a comment