How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

Rebooting through the web interface does not issue DHCP request

We have had a problem over the last few weeks. Essentially, when a handset is rebooted through the web interface, it does not issue a DHCP request when it boots. The log shows that the process is something like "I had IP address w.x.y.z before. Let me check if it's still in use. No it isn't. I'll use address w.x.y.z then."

The problem is that we had a customer who changed their network addressing structure. This should be a case of rebooting the phones and letting DHCP give them a new address. Unfortunately, doing the job remotely (which should be a case of running a one line job at a command line to reboot all 500+ phones) failed and we had to send an engineer to site to power cycle each phone individually.

I am loathe to reset handsets as it is possible that this could cause information to be lost.

So, how do we get a phone to re-query DHCP when it reboots after a request through the web interface?

Best Answer

Hi Nicholas,

we cannot reproduce the issue.. so we will need to investigate more, I converted this topic in a support ticket.

You will be contacted soon for the next steps,

Thanks!

Answer

Hi Nicholas,

we cannot reproduce the issue.. so we will need to investigate more, I converted this topic in a support ticket.

You will be contacted soon for the next steps,

Thanks!

Hi,

This was simply by navigating to Advanced --> Update --> Reboot in a browser. The phones rebooted, but did not query DNS and the logs showed that they simply did a check to see if their old IP was in use before setting it.

Nicholas.

Hello Nicholas,

we tried to reproduce the issue with no success, can you tell us which HTTP request you are using in order to remotely reboot the phone ?

Thanks in advance,

I should add that these were Snom 710, 715 and 725 models all running 8.9.3.60.

Login or Signup to post a comment