How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

no blf blinking for a second incomming call

Hi there,

we use D725 phones with blf fkeys.

our D725 are configured that they can get 6 concurrent incoming calls.

now if, for example, extension 11 is in a conversation and another call is incomming for extension 11, the blf is blinking, so everyone else does not know, if 11 is in a call or not.

is there any configuration to prevent this?

Best Answer

the BLF starts blinking or remains just on depending on the SIP messages the phone received from the PBX.

Lets take the following example:

- Phone A is monitoring Phone B via a BLF.

- Phone B receives a call

- The PBX sends to Phone A the SIP NOTIFY containing the "ringing" state, the LED starts blinking

- Phone B Answers the call

- The PBX sends the SIP NOTIFY containing the "connected" state, the LED is now solid on.

- Phone B receives another call

- The PBX sends to Phone A the SIP NOTIFY containing the "ringing" state, the LED starts blinking

So the PBX is controlling the LED behaviour, on the phone side we don't have any way to distinguish between the "first" blinking state and the second one..

You're using BLFs with call pickup. You want to somehow disable call waiting and call notification on a BLF+call pickup extension IF the extension is busy on a conference call?

yes, i think that's it.

ext 11 is on a call and another customer is calling (for example over a ringing group) and on the other phones we see ext 11 ringing (for sure) but we need to see if ext 11 is already in a call.

(but we also need call waiting, because if ext 11 is hang up, it needs to get the new call)

I suppose you could disable Call Waiting, but that would limit the phone to one active call and all other calls would be rejected or forwarded to voicemail/another number, depending on your configuration or preference. Another idea would be to use Action URL and the Keyevent "DND" to enable and disable DND while the user is OffHook and in an active call. You could use the OffHook Action URL to enable the DND and the OnHook Action URL to disable it when they are done.

http://phoneIP/command.htm?key=DND

http://wiki.snom.com/Settings/call_waiting

You could then use the Call Forwarding on Busy rule to send those calls to another extension or number;

http://wiki.snom.com/Category:HowTo:Call_Forwarding

Hi there,

i think the action url thing would be a first try.

but:

in my offhook and onhook settings are already urls from our pbx. but i want to try it, maybe those are not so important.

so the other problem, we do not have a dnd key (we use the dnd key to forward to a specific extension), is it also possible to send the dnd action over the url?

ah... no this is not working, now i got another problem... on the same extensions (11p1 f.e.) there is also a M65....

so the led will still blink, because the m65 is ringing at the same time...

referring to https://helpdesk.snom.com/support/discussions/topics/6000048652

i think both problems could be solved, if it would be possible to priorise "in a call" higher than "ringing" for blf.

is this possible in any way?

I already tried to use different colors, but with the same problem, if "in a call" is green and "ringing" is red, the led switches from green to red.

Answer

the BLF starts blinking or remains just on depending on the SIP messages the phone received from the PBX.

Lets take the following example:

- Phone A is monitoring Phone B via a BLF.

- Phone B receives a call

- Phone B Answers the call

- The PBX sends the SIP NOTIFY containing the "connected" state, the LED is now solid on.

- Phone B receives another call

So the PBX is controlling the LED behaviour, on the phone side we don't have any way to distinguish between the "first" blinking state and the second one..

Login or Signup to post a comment