How can we help you today?
Start a new topic

Blind transfer without hold

Hello,

I have one question regarding blind transfer procedure with SNOM 320/870.

If I press the transfer button, my party is being put on hold. After entering the destination and pressing the transfer button again, the transfer is executed.

Is there a configuration option to continue the call when transfer button is pressed for the first time, so I can enter (or search in phonebook) the destination number while still talking to the party I want to transfer?

I tried searching a matching configuration option in the phone and in your Wiki, but had no success.

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, a hold is required in order to setup a second call leg on the phone for the purposes of a call transfer and there are no settings to circumvent this requirement.

Thank you. I thought there might be an option because blind transfers without hold to fixed targets are possible using the function keys.

I am assuming you are referring to call deflection. I will search and see if any settings have been introduced to support this blind transfer with not holds behavior, but I do not believe this to be the case. More information on how call transfers and deflection work with our phones can be found in this Wiki article.

http://wiki.snom.com/Category:HowTo:Transfer

I mean the function key setting "Transfer to" with a fixed destination. This works very well if I have a key defined for the desired destination - just press the button and the transfer is completed. However, the amount of function keys is limited and it would avoid some seconds hold time for the caller if one can e.g. search in phonebook while still talking, and then initiate the transfer.

The current behaviour is (snom 870 FW 8.7.5.44):

- I have an active call with A

- Pressing this button puts A on hold and lets me enter the transfer destination B (or search in phonebook)

- Pressing the button again executes blind transfer A -> B, Press

Desired behaviour:

- I have an active call with A

- Pressing this button lets me enter the transfer destination B (or search in phonebook) while still talking to A

- Pressing the button again executes blind transfer A -> B

It's not really important if not implemented yet. Maybe a suggestion for a new feature in future.

Login or Signup to post a comment