How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

D715 NTP and DHCP

I have a problem with ALL my D715 phones in that they will not retain the NTP settings after a reboot. All of them have this issue, I am on the latest firmware. Any suggestions? Also, I have also experienced with a number of D715's that I have deployed, the inability for DHCP to obtain an address. Once I assign a static IP it works fine.

Best Answer
That worked a treat, thanks for pointing that out!  As for the DHCP not working on certain phones, I will have to do some Wiresharking as you suggested.  Thanks for the help.

Thanks for your reply, I will look into the LLDP issue.  Still not sure why though it only happens on some of the 715's , most of them work like I would expect, as far as obtaining DHCP addresses.  They are being assigned to a VLAN.  The firmware that they arrived with is 8.7.5.28, however even after an upgrade to .35 the defective ones still don't work unless static.

Now, what about the NTP issue?  Every D715 phone experiences this, after a reboot it clears the NTP settings. Doesn't matter what IP I put in there.  After a reboot it is reset to 0.0.0.0 ?

thanks for your help!

Is it possible your DHCP Server is configured to provide option 42 and passing 0.0.0.0? Are you provisioning the ntp_server setting?

Excellent suggestion, thanks!  I will test it out.

Answer
That worked a treat, thanks for pointing that out!  As for the DHCP not working on certain phones, I will have to do some Wiresharking as you suggested.  Thanks for the help.

Greg,

Are you using LLDP on your Network Switches? Are the phones being assigned to a VLAN? Is it possible UDP helper is not assigned to the Routing interface on the VLAN so that the phones are not able to obtain IP addresses? What version of firmware is on the phones? Are you able to use Wireshark on the Network to see if there are any DHCP requests reaching the DHCP Server?

Login or Signup to post a comment