How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

Snom 710 factory reset TFTP not working

Hi everyone,

We have recently purchased two second hand snom 710 phones that came pre-configured to the last company that used it. So, when I first booted up the phone it was displaying a user name and extension number. 

I tried to do a factory reset but I found that it was protected by an Admin password. This also applied to the web portal.

I followed the instructions on the wiki to do a factory reset via TFTP and initially this worked fine and I was able to reach the web portal and set it up with one of our users. 

However, when the phone got unplugged and plugged back in it reverted back to the same state as when I purchased it except the user settings that came with the phone had been wiped.  So, it only shows the date and time and some default function keys on the LCD screen (Dir, Setting, CFwd and DND). The annoying thing is that it was back to being protected by an admin password. I tried using password 0000 on the phone itself as well as user ID admin with password 0000 in the web portal but this does not work.

The phones came with firmware 8.7.3.25.9 and I tried doing a TFTP reset with firmware 8.7.5.35.

Unfortunately as it stands I can no longer reset it the same way I did before and I don't know why. 

The moment it finishes recovering (ie. message says Recovery Successful) it reboots and briefly displays the new firmware information during the booting process.  Next it says "Provisioning in progress..." and starts downloading and extracting an older firmware and reverts back to version 8.7.3.25.9 in a locked state

Am I doing anything wrong? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Best Answer

These phones appear to be registered on our Redirection Server by Provu. Due to our contractual agreement with Provu, we are unable to remove the redirection. You must contact them directly and request that they remove the MAC addresses for you.

https://www.provu.co.uk/

Regards,

Snom Support

Barry,

It sounds as though the phones are registered on our Snom Redirection Server and are being Provisioned by the previous owners Provisioning Server. If you can provide the MAC addresses by sending them to supportusa@snom.com and I can take a look for you.

Answer

These phones appear to be registered on our Redirection Server by Provu. Due to our contractual agreement with Provu, we are unable to remove the redirection. You must contact them directly and request that they remove the MAC addresses for you.

https://www.provu.co.uk/

Regards,

Snom Support

Login or Signup to post a comment