How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

Autoprovisioning SNOM 821 Vodafone branded contact information/removal

We have 5 SNOM 821's they being a mix of SNOM and Vodafone branded phones.  We run our own provisioning server and have had no issue with the Vodafone branded phones until we recently purchased a pair of 821's that are Vodafone branded.  These phones are autoprovisioning with the Vodafone firmware (in German) via the SNOM autoprovisioning portal.  It does this even after replacing with the latest SNOM firmware (i.e. it reapplies the Vodafone firmware from the provisioning site).

I have read the posts that say SNOM cannot remove them from the provisioning server and I appreciate the reason given.  However I can find no information on who I contact at Vodafone to discuss getting them removed.  Please can you confirm again that you can't remove them but please can you provide some contact information so poor soles like myself can hassle the correct people rather than yourselves.

Ken.

Best Answer

Hi Kenneth

Vodafone phones usually are given for free by operator. So they are locked to avoid being used with others .

We are sorry but we could not do nothing in this topic as i mentioned.

Hi Kenneth 

The MAC address you're requesting removal from our Snom Redirection Server are registered to Vodafone. Our contractual agreements with the owner prevents us from removing this MAC address with out their direct consent and knowledge. You will need to contact them directly and request that they remove the MAC address from the Snom Redirection Server. But maybe if you bought these devices as second hand or so, that would not be possible .

BR

Alberto

Hi,

Thanks for the info but that doesn’t actually answer the question I asked.  Have you a contact number or email at Vodafone where I can request the removal.  I have purchased these phones second hand so have no direct contact with Vodafone.

Regards,

Ken.

We would recommend to use Vodafone UK customer service:

Monday to Sunday 8am to 9pm

191 from your Vodafone mobile

03333 040 191 From other UK landlines or mobiles (standard call charges apply)

From abroad +44 7836 191 191 (standard call charges apply)

I have spoken to the Vodafone One NET help desk in the UK and Vodafone UK have check and said that these phones are not registered to them anymore.  As such they said they can't remove them as they no longer appear on their system and I need to contact SNOM to ask you to remove the redirection.  I have checked again and they are defiantly being redirected to setting_server: https://ipcglobalconfig.vodafone.com/redirect/snom?mac={mac}.   I explained to them that you say you can't remove them and they said that since they are not registered on their system they can't remove them.  So can you advise any further where I go from here.  The two MAC addresses are 000413533F4A and 000413533A22

Regards,

Ken.

The answer you got is right, the phones are not redirected to VF service (anymore).

Please reset the phones and check again the setting_server value.

Greetings
Norman

Hi Norman,

Well It's still picking up the Vodafone firmware from somewhere.  Here is what I've done.

1. TFTP using recovery option (hash key) and load Firmware snom821-8.7.5.35-SIP-r.bin

2. Phone load firmware and then says it needs to reboot.

3. Boots normally until we reach Autoprovisioning where it then proceeds to download and load the Vodafone firmware and then reboots itself. 

3. After booting the firmware is 8.7.4.5f and is Vodafone in German.

If I type 'http://provisioning.snom.com/snom821/snom821.php?mac=000413533F4A' into a browser I get in reply

setting_server: https://ipcglobalconfig.vodafone.com/redirect/snom?mac={mac}

If I then type 'https://ipcglobalconfig.vodafone.com/redirect/snom?mac=000413533F4A' into a browser I get in reply

setting_server$: https://cs.vodafone-ip.de:22160/snom/getConfig.xml?mac=$mac 

This I all take to indicate it is still auto provisioning.   Am I doing something wrong or is the Autoprovisioning still in place?

Regards,

Ken.

It's been over a week since I made my post pointing out that they still appear to be registered.  Please can you confirm my suspicions?

Regards,

Ken

Sorry Kenneth

Im sorry but about Vodafone phones there is nothing we can do from our side.

If they were locked phones from factory , configuration is hardcoded and could not be removed

BR

Alberto

Alberto,

I totally appreciate the position SNOM are in and understand completely SNOM can't change the setting.   My issue is with getting Vodafone to do anything.  I can't seem to get through to the department that can either remove the block or explain why it can't be done.  I was hopping that SNOM had either a contact phone number, email address or even just a department name that I need to speak to at Vodafone. 

Regards,

Ken.

Answer

Hi Kenneth

Vodafone phones usually are given for free by operator. So they are locked to avoid being used with others .

We are sorry but we could not do nothing in this topic as i mentioned.

Login or Signup to post a comment