How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

Dual Connections SfB & SIP

Greetings Phone Guru's

I would very much like to connect a phone via USB and to be able to use it for PC to PC Skype calls, but also use the phone to dial outbound using a SIP account.

Please can somone let me know if this is possiable on any Snom Products?

Best Answer

Paul,

I sent you and email with the links and more information about the UC firmware and BToE.

Regards,

Snom Support

Paul,

Our phones do not have the ability to be tethered to a wired USB connection to your PC for purposes of using with your 2010/2013 Lync Client.. However, you can use our BToE software with the 7xx series Snom phones and pair them with your Lync Client. The 7xx Series phone, with the Snom UC firmware installed, can be used with both Lync/sfb and normal SIP accounts. However, I believe there is a compatibility issue making calls with the sfb Client when using a BToE tethered Snom phone.

Regards,

Snom Support

1 person likes this

That sounds like its worth testing. Where can I get the UC firmware and the BToE software?

Many Thanks

Paul

Answer

Paul,

I sent you and email with the links and more information about the UC firmware and BToE.

Regards,

Snom Support

1 person likes this

Thanks for your support so far guys it's appreciated but I'm not sure that this will do what I'm after. Just to clarify...

Our Lync\SFB setup has no SIP\PSTN connectivity. But we have Snom phones with a SIP account. Will this solution still allow us to use/control the phone via Lync in this scenario?

If so which firmware should I use as there were two linked.

Many Thanks

Paul.

Your Lync solution. Is it Office 365? If so, we do not support Office 365.

1 person likes this

Its currently 2013\Hybrid, but the accounts are still pooled locally. Would that affect it?

Can BToE intergrate a seperate 3rd party SIP connected phone as I first thought?

Thanks

Paul

Hi Support,

Unfortunately, my question is not answered (even though you have marked it as so).

I very much appreciate your help; however, I do not think you have understood my goal. I am about to roll out D715’s across Europe and need to clarify some functionality.

My Lync Setup is Hybrid; all my users are still local so I am guessing this should not be an issue.

Now these are the important parts…

I have NO PSTN connectivity using Lync.

I have a separate hosted VoIP provider using SIP connection to each phone.

My questions are…

Can BtoE allow my users to use Lync to dial out via the Snom deskphone?

(this would be ace but I suspect not)

Can my users still use the Snom deskphone set to answer internet calls from Lync as well as inbound/outbound SIP calls?

(this is the basic headset functionality I was hoping for).

Currently I notice the SIP account on is overwritten when I attempt to Pair the phone, this is making me suspect I cannot achieve what I was hoping for.

Thanks Again

Paul.

Hi Paul,

as I understand you want to have 2 accounts on your phone: one registered on your Lync infrastructure and another registered to the SIP provider.

> Can BtoE allow my users to use Lync to dial out via the Snom deskphone?

> (this would be ace but I suspect not)

Using the BToE client you will be able to dialusing the Lync account, but not the SIP one.

> Can my users still use the Snom deskphone set to answer internet calls from Lync as well as inbound/outbound SIP calls?

> (this is the basic headset functionality I was hoping for).

Yes: your user will be able to answer to Lync and SIP calls

> Currently I notice the SIP account on is overwritten when I attempt to Pair the phone, this is making me suspect I cannot achieve what I was hoping for.

this is quite strange: your setup should be:

1st Identity configured with your Lync data

2nd Identity configured with your SIP data

Then you should be able to use both identities,

1 person likes this

Hey Pietro,

Thanks for your input, I'm giving that a try right now.

Ill let you know.

Many Thanks

Login or Signup to post a comment