How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

M300/700 Central Phonebook 3CX

The support of just "Name" and one "Number" by contact in the Phonebook is not sufficient for professional use.

It would be helpful to support the common field from the 3CX PBX like

Vorname                                First Name
Nachname                             Name
Mobil                                     mobile
Privat                                    home
Geschäftlich                          business

Do you have already this feature on your roadmap?

Best Answer

Dear Frank,

you can find our supported fields in our Provisioning Guide:

http://downloads.snom.net/documentation/Provisioning_Guide_M700_M300.pdf

You have to verify with 3CX to add the other fields in the template.

Best regards

Answer

Dear Frank,

you can find our supported fields in our Provisioning Guide:

http://downloads.snom.net/documentation/Provisioning_Guide_M700_M300.pdf

You have to verify with 3CX to add the other fields in the template.

Best regards

Hi Luca,

i would likie to apologize for my "stupid" request. Since I'm a new SNOM customer I have not too much experience with your devices. But I'm still conviced that in a system with 3CX and your DECT tecnology (i only have the dect devices) is one of the most integrated Systems for private or small business usage.

I've spend some time on investigating the issue and would like to share my results:

1. I'ts actually a 3CX issue. The snom_phonebook.xml file for me it is a quick and dirty hack.

2. The way of provisioning of the M300 to the 3CX to me ssems to be  a good platform so I built this solution described below:

Since I'm not a coding expert I built a prototype by using multiple utilities and to a programmer might not look straight forward:

I've taken a XML export from the 3CX phonebook table in the postgres dabase and did some postprocessing of this file.

The utilities:

1. pgAmdin III to connect to the database  in order to get an overview of the structure and Contents

2. psql from the postgres Installation coming with 3CX for XML export

3. sed to postprocess the XML file

4. msxsl  to do some concatenate stuff in XML for the "Name" tag in the directory

I attach the final batch file for those who want to do it this way until 3CX will provide a professional solution. I run this batch as a scheduled Task on the server to keep the dects updated.

In order to get access to the postgres database it was necessary to modify  a conf file for enabeling Access to the db. Password to the db can be read in the 3CXPhoneSystem.ini

pg_hba.conf: the line "host  all  all  127.0.0.1/32  trust" enables easy Access to the db

Feel free to forward to 3CX

/Frank

zip

Hi Luca,

with the script I've mentioned I update the snom_phonebook.xml in the 3CX provisioning Folder once a day. I was expecting that the M300 is reading this file according to the loading interval (1800s in the screenshot). I couldn't find any Explanation in the admin guide.

In my M300 only manual loading  the snom_phonebook.xml in the lower section seems to refresh the central phonebook.

Did I get something wrong?

Login or Signup to post a comment