How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

Adjusting the mic sensitivity of a USB headset

Hi there,

is it possible (via webUI or provisioning) to adjust the mic sensitivity of an USB attached headset?

We are using Jabra 94xx series devices via USB and notices very low input levels with SNOM desk phones (D315, D345, D720).

The traditional measures of adjusting the headset mic volume do not have any affect on USB attached devices.

Is there another way to adjust the sensitivity or is a fix for this problem planned?

Greetings

Steffen Arntz

Best Answer

Hi Steffen i will send you latest firmware links and some comments about this feature

BR

Alberto

Hi Steffen

We are not able to change gain from a USB device. You are able to do with headset, or RJ handsets at this momment.

Which version are you using?

Please take a look to recommended/approved handsets here : http://wiki.snom.com/Accessories/Headset/Approved_Headsets

BR 

Alberto

Hi Alberto,

The list you posted is quite old, and does not include our phones or firmware, but the Jabra headsets do not offer mic sensitivity adjustment. 

The D315 is running firmware version 8.9.3.40 and the Jabra 9470 is on version 4.1.1.

The headset-volume-adjustment value has no effect on the Jabras output but it is so low, that users have to noticeably raise their voice to a level where it becomes "unnatural".

Greetings

Steffen

Dear Steffen,

this list is actual and you find the D315 in the 3x5 section.

Have a nice day

Norman

-Snom Support Team-

Answer

Hi Steffen i will send you latest firmware links and some comments about this feature

BR

Alberto

Hello, i have the same problem with an usb headset (Plantronics C325) and a D715.

Are there parameters on the phone to resolve the problem ? Or a Firmware ?

Best regards.

Login or Signup to post a comment