How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

SNOM 760 Set SIP port per identity

Hi,

Messing around with FreePBX 14 ALPHA and Sangoma changed the SIP listening port to 5160 from 5060. Yes, it's simple to change that to 5060, but I'd like to attempt to utilize the default 5160 for testing purposes.

I know this parameter can be modified in SNOM firmware v8 under Advanced--SIP/RTP--SIP:Network identity (port), however, I need to be able to set the listening port on a per identity basis. That is, identity 4 uses port 5160 while identity 1 uses port 5060.

How do I accomplish this with SNOM devices?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Hi Patrick,

unfortunately at the moment you can't selectively configure a different port per SIP identity:

If you configure the local port this port will be used for all the identities.

This setting network_id_port can only be applied globally and not on a per identity basis unfortunately. 

http://wiki.snom.com/Settings/network_id_port

Dear Patrick,

in Snom phones you can set only 1 port for the reception of SIP traffic. So this is locally; let´s say port 5060.
For contacting your FreePBX you can configure the desired port (on the remote site) in the Identity configuration with Outbound Proxy, i.e. "sip:10.0.0.1:5160"

In the related SIP registration packet you would see:

Sent to Udp:10.0.0.1:5160 from Udp:10.0.0.100:5060

REGISTER sip:10.0.0.1 SIP/2.0

For a second Identity we have e.g. a Kamailio;  Outbound Proxy: "sip:10.0.0.2:5061;transport=tcp"
In the related SIP registration packet you would see:

Sent to Tcp:10.0.0.2:5062 from Udp:10.0.0.100:5060

REGISTER sip:10.0.0.2 SIP/2.0

So the interesting port is what you configure to contact the PBX (Registar) at.

Dear Patrick, 

could you please explain which reason there is to have the same ports remotely and locally for SIP traffic?

BR

Norman

Hi Norman,

Thanks for your response. Please bear with me as I may not be describing this correctly and I'm still learning. Do you mean you use one port for phones on the same LAN as the PBX while another for phones connecting to the PBX remotely?

Current configuration:

PBX's hosted at two separate offices on public IP's. PBX_A utilizes port 5060 for SIP traffic, while PBX_B utilizes port 5160.

Remote phone at home.

Identity 1 registers to PBX_A and requires port 5060

Identity 2 registers to PBX_B and requires port 5160

I'm having trouble getting identity 2 to register uses port 5160 when the global setting is 5060 on the Snom.

If the Snom global setting is 5060, then identity 1 registers but not identity 2.

If the Snom global setting is 5160, then identity 2 registers but not identity 1. (obviously)

If I change the SIP listening port on PBX_B to 5060, then both identities register; but I'd like to be able change the port on a per identity basis (possible on Yealink T46G for example where I have that phone registered to both PBX's on ports 5060 and 5160).

Do I accomplish this with the proxy config you mentioned?

Cheers,

Answer

Hi Patrick,

unfortunately at the moment you can't selectively configure a different port per SIP identity:

If you configure the local port this port will be used for all the identities.

Login or Signup to post a comment