How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

Convert SIP D715 firmware to UC Edition D715 firmware

Hi, I purchased a D715 SIP edition phone not realizing there was a Lync UC Edition version of the D715. Is there a way to convert the SIP D715 to the UC Edition D715 so that we can utilize the phone in our Lync environment?

Thanks--Don

Best Answer

Don,

I sent you a private email.

Regards,

Answer

Don,

I sent you a private email.

Regards,

Hi,

I have the same question. We have a couple of D715 and D725 around and like to switch to Skype for Business. Is there a UC version for those?

Best regards

Links have been sent via email.

Regards,

Snom Support

Hi. Could you sent me UC Edition firmware 

Raul,

I have sent the UC firmware to your email as you requested.

Regards,

Sean Collins

Snom Support

Hi,

Would need the same for D710 and D725. Can you send it to me?

Best regards,

Tom

Tom,

I have sent the UC firmware to your email as you requested.

Regards,

Sean Collins

Snom Support

Hi,

Would need the same for D715 and D725. Can you send it to me?

Best regards,

Stefan

Stefan,

Sent to you in an email.

Regards,

Sean Collins

Snom Support

Hello

We have 200 Snom D715 UC Edition on the customer site. Now we need to oder additional D715. Can I order the normal version and install this on the customer site or do we need spezial UC version? The distributor don't sale UC anymore. The FW Infrastruktur ist sill working on the customer site. So the upgrade or downgrade could work on the customer site. Or ist the downgrade a spezial procedure?

Hello Yves,

yes you can order the normal version and install the UC edition firmware later. Snom phones were never produced with UC edition firmware out-of-box. But please note:

The SIP firmware, carton box image is capable of detecting the Lync Server Device Update Web Service (as UC Edition & Optimized for Devices can) via Microsofts kind of well known "hard-coded" DNS A-record:

ucupdates-r2."DNSDomainNameProvidedByDHCP" as described in TechNet “Updating Devices” under: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg412864.aspx.

If the service is auto-detected and an approved (via Lync CS PowerShell or Lync CS Admin Web Interface)  UC edition firmware for the model is made available, the update to UC will be auto-executed, without any additional user interaction required.

More details are available inside our Full UC Documentation: http://downloads.snom.com/snomuc/documentation/2014-10-28_UC_full_documentation_v3.pdf

If you need the .CAB files or the .bin files of the UC edition firmware for firmware roll out, please open an ticket. By ticket opening you will find the option, more exact the request type  "UC/Lync Firmware download".

Select this type and submit your ticket. Our help desk system will auto-answer your request, to provide all FW links you need , plus the already mentioned manual. Please don't miss to read all notes and information in the response before roll out.

I can only guess you already have everything in place, you use about 200 D715. In any case please feel free to ask your Lync Admin, regarding the DNS A record, and the approved UC FW. Should be a "no-brainer" for Lync Admins.

Thanks and greetings from Berlin,

Jan

Jan Boguslawski
Product Owner Snom

Login or Signup to post a comment