How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

M700/M65 Keine SIP Reg

We have configured 3 M700 DECT base stations in multi-cell mode, with each base station being dedicated to a single floor of the building.  Additionally we have registered 15 M65 DECT handsets to this system.   There are 4 users who are getting an error message "Keine SIP Reg" on a daily basis.  I don't know why it is precisely these users and only these users.  However, these 4 users are regularly walking from one floor to the next (hence would be switch base stations) where the remaining 11 users more or less stay on the same floor (and hence remain connected with only one base station).  This sounds to me like we have something wrong in the multi-cell configuration but I didn't find something obvious in the configuration.  We are running the latest firmware on the M700 and M65, they being 324B12 and 0324B9 respectively.

The question for me is:

* What is wrong with my configuration?

Best Answer

HI Aaron

You need to set up firmware version for handsets also.

If you are  having issues with LDAP option on handsets. Please reset it, Settings -> Reset Settings once it has been upgraded.

Best Regards

Hi Aaron

According to your description about "Keine SIP Reg", that means device (handset) has not SIP registration with PBX. I think its related to a firmware issue about roaming you have on 324B12 version . 

We solved that in 355B19, so maybe you could try to upgrade. Please take note that you could not back to 324 branch once upgraded to 355. (http://wiki.snom.com/M-series/Firmware)

If you need assistance to that i could create a ticket on our helpdesk system

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Alberto

HI Aaron

Did you upgrade your device?

Let me know if i could assist you more in this

Have a nice day

Alberto

I upgraded 2 M700 base-stations now to version v355B19.  However the M65 handsets don't upgrade and I don't know why.  Is there any way to get some information about why the firmware upgrade fails so that I can troubleshoot this further?

The first thing I have noticed is that I don't have the LDAP phonebook anymore on the M65 handset.  The option has disappeared from the screen.  but maybe this is because the handsets is still on firmware version v324.  Until I can upgrade the firmware on the handsets I can't confirm that.

Thanks for your assistance this far.

Answer

HI Aaron

You need to set up firmware version for handsets also.

If you are  having issues with LDAP option on handsets. Please reset it, Settings -> Reset Settings once it has been upgraded.

Best Regards

So after copying the settings in your screenshot, the hand sets upgraded successfully and as a bonus, the LDAP phone book works again.  I will test this firmware over the next week to see how reliable it is.

Glad to read that Aaron

You are welcome

Have a nice weekend and happy testing ;)

Login or Signup to post a comment