How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

SNOM PA1 multicast Music

Hi all, I have a couple SNOM PA1 units that I would like to have setup to receive multicast signal and output it to audio.

I have tried using VLC to stream the output, and now trying with FFMPEG. I have the stream feeding to 224.168.168.168:5555 from my computer (will be more of a server thing later on) that is feeding an audio stream to that multicast address. However, when I add the multicast address to the snom unit, I dont hear any sounds.

I can connect with VLC, as well as FFPlay (player from FFMPEG) and I can hear the audio just fine.

Any suggestions?

Best Answer

Hi Kurtis

You mean when you are multicasting to a PA1, and a call comes from SIP extension registered on it, music is stopped? 

Is that the behavior you are experiencing?

PA1 auto answers by default SIP incoming calls.

Best Regards

Alberto

Nevermind, I managed to have the SNOM PA1 on a different subnet than the music stream. I have to setup my router to route the multicast packets to the other subnet.

When a call comes in (or page), it interrupts the music, then continues when its done.

Answer

Hi Kurtis

You mean when you are multicasting to a PA1, and a call comes from SIP extension registered on it, music is stopped? 

Is that the behavior you are experiencing?

PA1 auto answers by default SIP incoming calls.

Best Regards

Alberto

Kurtis, could you assist you more in this?

Let me know your comments

Best Regards

Alberto

Login or Signup to post a comment