How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

Snom 710 WUI not working / „Starting Phone Application“

Hello everyone,

I have an issue with two Snom 710 telephones:

After installing the factory-new phones both 710 where not reachable via WUI. The phones pulled the IP via DHCP, but I also tested to configure them manually (there are other telephones of the same type working well in the environment). After updating to the latest firmware 8.7.5.35, the WUI is now available for a short period of time until the phones display „Starting Phone Application“. The phones are not reacting to any buttons, as soon as the message is displayed.

What can I do? Is it maybe a hardware issue?

Thanks in advance

David

IMG1661.jpg
(1.35 MB)

Best Answer

Hi David

I will sent you a test firmware to see if that improve your behavior.

In other case we could issue an RMA.

Did you try factory reset also? 

Please take a look to your email.

BR

Answer

Hi David

I will sent you a test firmware to see if that improve your behavior.

In other case we could issue an RMA.

Did you try factory reset also? 

Please take a look to your email.

BR

After updating to the latest firmware 8.7.5.35, the WUI is available for a short period of time until the phones display „Starting Phone Application“. The phones are not reacting to any buttons, as soon as the message is displayed.

What can I do? Is it maybe a hardware issue?

You are welcome David

If you are experiencing any issue with current firmware , let me know. We expect to release newer firmwares for 8.7.5 and 8.9.3 branch in some weeks, with new features .

Best Regards

Thank you for the clarification.

As written above, I updated both phones to the current firmware version (with a local HTTP server) and did the reset/recovery a couple of times. Unfortunately it did not solve the issues.

Best regards,

David

NO David, you could use any of three supported protocols

We are not having issues in any way.

TFTP is the common one, lightweight, but you could use HTTP of course.

For recovery procedure its recommended to use local server.

Best Regards

So, you are suggest that SNOM offers to update telephones via HTTP, FTP and TFTP but only TFTP is actually working? As far as I understand the transfer-protocol should be irrelevant because they are performing a CRC check on the downloaded file before updating the firmware.

HI David

Maybe it could take some time, but that is the recovery procedure.

I understand all was solved in that way?

Have a nice day

Alberto

Via HTTP, TFTP was extremely slow
did you update the phone using the tftp procedure?

Hi Sidaty, Thanks for the reply. I have already resetted the telephones a couple of times as well as updated the firmware which should also lead to a reset. That did not help unfortunately. Best regards, David
Hi David,
try to factory reset the phone:
  1. Pull the power plug of the phone.
  2. Press the pound (hash) key.
  3. Reconnect the phone’s power while keeping the pound key pressed.
  4. Continue to press the pound key until the display shows the question: "Rescue mode?"
  5. press 1 to reset the phone to default values.      

br

Login or Signup to post a comment