How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

SNOM 720 w/ EHS Advanced not working properly

We've installed a SNOM 720 with an EHS Advanced Adapter, which is connected to a Plantronics CS520 headset.  

Speaking through the headset works fine, however the electronic hook switch function (accepting and initiating calls using the headset button) does not work.   A "click" noise is heard from the EHS adapter but on the phone nothing happens.  We have rebooted the phone multiple times, tried firmware 8.7.5.35 and 8.7.5.44 and even replaced the EHS advanced adapter. 

Any ideas?

Best Answer

My understanding is that the phone should be able to detect the EHS adapter but it just does not seem to work very well.

I have a Snom 720 running 8.7.5.35 with a Plantronics Savi W720 that is working fine.

Do you have the following set?

<headset_connection_method perm="RW">serial_ehs_box</headset_connection_method>

Thanks for your reply.  I was looking for this setting in the web user interface, according to this article below it should be under  Advanced - Audio (Tab) - Audio(Section): Headset Connection Method but I couldn't find such a setting there.  I suppose it's only possible through provisioning with an XML file?

http://wiki.snom.com/Settings/headset_connection_method

Answer

My understanding is that the phone should be able to detect the EHS adapter but it just does not seem to work very well.

We had the same problem with a D715.
Two new EHS Advanced Adapters were shipped broken and we had to replace them.

Since that everything works fine.

Login or Signup to post a comment