How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

VPN & IPv6

Hi guys - I am experiencing problems with VPN and a block for IPv6 in my OpenVPN server: In the server config, I introduced the following lines, such that IPv6 traffic does not 'leak' to the outside world - the OpenVPN server solely routes IPv4.

tun-ipv6
server-ipv6 fd00:aaaa:bbbb:ccdd::/112
push "route-ipv6 2000::/3"
All works fine on the client machines, and I switched off the IPv6 in the phone. Then, a connect to the server is not possible. If the lines are commented out, all works as advertised. The server reports when the phone tries to connect, simply:

[...]
May  ZZ AA:XX:YY localhost ovpn-openvpnserver[554]: client_02/XX.YY.ZZ.WW:3072 PUSH: Received control message: 'PUSH_REQUEST'
May  ZZ AA:XX:YY localhost ovpn-openvpnserver[554]: client_02/XX.YY.ZZ.WW:3072 send_push_reply(): safe_cap=940
May  ZZ AA:XX:YY localhost ovpn-openvpnserver[554]: client_02/XX.YY.ZZ.WW:3072 SENT CONTROL [client_lemon02]: 'PUSH_REPLY,ifconfig-ipv6 fd00:aaaa:bbbb:ccdd::1001/112 f
d00:aaaa:bbbb:ccdd::1,redirect-gateway def1,dhcp-option DNS 8.8.8.8,route-ipv6 2000::/3,tun-ipv6,route 10.AA.BB.0 255.255.255.0,topology net30,ping 10,ping-restart 120,ifcon
fig 10.AA.BB.10 10.AA.BB.9' (status=1)

So, what to do? I clearly want to suppress any unwanted IPv6 routing, which is not handled by the VPN server!

Cheers!

amnv

Best Answer

Hi

I tried recently ipv6 thru a vpn connection and I have no issues.

Are you having it ?

Let me know if I could assist you on this 

Hi,
Which firmaware is running on the phone?
Which phone model are you using?

Answer

Hi

I tried recently ipv6 thru a vpn connection and I have no issues.

Are you having it ?

Let me know if I could assist you on this 

Login or Signup to post a comment