How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

Snom D765 - Bluetooth support unstable/buggy

I've deployed 13 Snom D765 phones at a customer, and one of the most important reasons for choosing the D765 was the bluetooth support for headsets. Unfortunately, it turned out to be horribly buggy.

FW 8.7.5.35:

- reasonably often (sometimes in the morning, but also sometimes during the day after leaving the coverage area and coming back) when answering a call the other party can not hear the person using the headset. We can head the other party just fine though. To resolve this, the phone needs to be rebooted!

FW 8.7.5.44 - (Maintenance Rollup Preview, April 2016):

- phone randomly reboots after bluetooth headset leaves coverage area and comes back into coverage area

We have tried 4 different bluetooth headsets, 2 from jabra and 2 from less known vendors. The problems described above are the same for all four bluetooth headsets tried (at least regarding FW 8.7.5.35, the 8.7.5.44 firmware was rolled back within hours after installing because it was so unstable). One of them also had the additional problem of continuing to "beep" after picking up the phone (probably some kind of ringing indicator even though the call was already in progress).

Please fix Bluetooth support and make it more compatible and stable, especially regarding the headset leaving and coming back into the coverage area! The current status of bluetooth support is really really bad.

Best Answer

HI LSRegistrations. I have sent you latest firmware. Please test accordingly and let me know your comments

Also please check you are using an approved BT headset 

http://wiki.snom.com/Accessories/Headset/Approved_Headsets

BR

Alberto

Hello Gerald,

what headset are you using ?

Here is the list of the tested / approved headsets: http://wiki.snom.com/Accessories/Headset/Approved_Headsets

I've already written what headsets I've tried: 4 different headsets, among them two from Jabra.

If the phone randomly reboots (FW 44) or randomly disregards the audio from one person every few hours/days (FW 35) just because the headset was disconnected for a while and got back into range, the problem is NOT the specific bluetooth headset.

Bluetooth is a standard. Any, or at least most bluetooth headsets should work. And it should work even when the headset sometimes leaves the coverage area. Everything else is a sad joke. Fix your bluetooth implementation please, it's 2016 - bluetooth is not bleeding edge technology invented a month ago.

1 person likes this

One of them also had the additional problem of continuing to "beep" after picking up the phone (probably some kind of ringing indicator even though the call was already in progress).

I've just tried it again because another customer reported the same problem with a bluetooth Plantronics Voyager Pro Headset. The Headset rings (even if the setting "Ringer Device for Headset" is set to "Use Speaker") and after answering the call the ringing continues even though the call is already in Progress.

If you answer the call with Speaker and then quickly switch to the bluetooth headphone the ringing-continues problem does not exist. Also, the ringing can be solved by switching to speaker and then back to the headphone.

I have tried the latest firmware versions

snomD765-8.7.5.64-SIP-r.bin

snomD765-8.9.3.57-SIP-r.bin

I've also tried the setting "headset_rings_once=on" (http://wiki.snom.com/Settings/headset_rings_once) but that does not make the ringing stop either.

It's really sad that SNOM built bluetooth into the phone but does not even try to make it actually work :-(

Hi Gerard 

I have sent you latest firmware version. Could you make a try with it and let me know if issue persist?

BR

Hi Guys,

We are having the same issues on the D375 Phones using any bluetooth headsets.

When a call comes in they continue to ring even when the call was answered elsewhere.
If you move out of range, then come back the headset will no longer work, however it does show as connected on the phone.
When we turn off the headsets, other devices will show that the headset is disconnected, however, our D375 phones will still show as connected.

This is driving all our call centre staff crazy.

Could we get the latest firmware to test and see if this issue can be resolved.

Thank you in advance guys.

Thank you Alberto for sending me the latest Firmware snomD765-8.9.3.59.101-SIP-r.bin.

Sorry for responding so late, but it took me some time to get to the customer again who uses this phone. I just installed the firmware and it has not changed the behavior. If I accept the call using the Plantronics Voyager Pro headset (this also happens on a lot of other bluetooth headsets) the call is accepted and in the person calling can be heard the earpiece but the beeping in my ear which signals the ringing continues anyway...

Hi Gerald

Could you open a ticket in our heldesk to take a look in deep

BR

Alberto

Aladair i have sent you an email regarding your request

I have opened Ticket 7302 for this, thanks.

Hello,
I also have Snom D765 with this problem.
I have a Sennheiser pro1 connected with bluetooth and the headset keeps ringing.
Can you please send me a test firmware?

Kind Regards,
Martijn

Hi Martin

I contacted you via email

Let me know your comments 

BR

Alberto

Thank you Alberto that works like a charm.

Ringing stops now, don't know for stability yet but I will see that the next few days.

We have a brandnew Snom D375 to test with Bluetooth but it is horrible buggy, too.
We have tested all kinds of standard bluetooth headsets (Plantronics, Jabra, NoName, Sony Ericsson . . .) .
If a call isn't answered, the Bluetooth headset keeps ringing until the battery is empty. Is this a joke?
It also keeps ringing if a call is picked up with the Buttons on the phone.
Than i can talk to the others and it's still ringing.

Answer

HI LSRegistrations. I have sent you latest firmware. Please test accordingly and let me know your comments

Also please check you are using an approved BT headset 

http://wiki.snom.com/Accessories/Headset/Approved_Headsets

BR

Alberto

Login or Signup to post a comment