How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

Unable to log into web access

I have a snom300 which I set up and did work with my voip provider. However I wanted to change a setting but now when I go into the ip address to access the settings I am prompted for a user name and password. This has never happened before and I have no idea what it could be.

I did an tftp update to restore the system to the default firmware and that worked but I am still prompted for the password.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Best Answer

I was able to get back in by entering admin and the last six digits on the phone's MAC code. This is used by many operators as a default password.

Answer

I was able to get back in by entering admin and the last six digits on the phone's MAC code. This is used by many operators as a default password.

After you did the tftp update to restore the phone to default settings, it probably auto-provisioned itself the next time it was rebooted and it had access to the Internet. This restored the username password, probably from Snom's servers.

To avoid this, do the tftp update while the phone can't access the Internet, i.e. disconnect your router to disable internet access. This will force the phone to factory settings. But before you reboot it whilst connected to the internet, browse to the phone's web interface and change the Update Policy to "Never update, do not load settings" on the Advanced menu > Update tab. You can then safely reboot whilst the phone is connected to the Internet, and it shouldn't ask you for a username password on the web interface.

Login or Signup to post a comment