How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

snom 300 - no sound at remote party

We got a new snom 300 as our first real VoIP-Phone as part of our Internal Telephony (as Phone Nr. 33 on EUMEX 800V). Registration, dialing and receiving calls was successful.

But there is no sound at the remote party from the snom300. I wonder wether the microphones are out of order, because there is no echo at the snom speakers at all as I know from other phones.

How can I test it?

Might it be a configuration issue?

Other (soft-voip-)phones are working well in our environment.

Other problem: Because of this problem I started firmware update, and after a few iterations the firmware version is snom300-SIP 8.7.5.35. Now all the LEDs are off when using the phone. 

Yesterday with the old firmware they changed their status. Is it a firmware problem?

Please help,

Stefan Gruber

LISCON GmbH

Best Answer

I also created a snom support ticket, where the guys tried to help me out.

Obviously it was not a hardware problem, but the genuine cause could not be found.

Finally the update of the firmware for our EUMEX solved the problem.

Did you check for VOIP issues rather than hardware issues? One-way audio mostly is a SIP problem (STUN, NAT etc.). Does your phone have an official IP or an internal one (10/24, 172/24, 192/24)? Is there a firewall? IPv6 active?

Mostly it helps to configure a SIP proxy and/or STUN correctly. You could test with a Sipgate basic account. Start without proxy and without STUN and add one by one until full audio is achieved.

Answer

I also created a snom support ticket, where the guys tried to help me out.

Obviously it was not a hardware problem, but the genuine cause could not be found.

Finally the update of the firmware for our EUMEX solved the problem.

Login or Signup to post a comment