How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

Firmware 8.7.5.35, Snom 370: LEDs do not work

Hello everyone,

with 8.7.5.25, a bug was introduced that LEDs especially for line keys are not working as they should (in general don't light up).

I just upgraded my Snom 370 to 8.7.5.35 and this misbehavior is still there.

Any hints?

Best Answer
To let you all know: setting the phone to factory defaults and manually re-applying its configuriation did the trick.

My current LED Settings. Button lights up continuously when you are in call.

snom370-SIP 8.7.5.35

<settings>
	<phone-settings e="2">
		<led_on perm="">ON BUSY IN_A_CALL CALLING IN_A_MEETING URGENT_INTERRUPTIONS_ONLY DND UNAVAILABLE ACTIVE INACTIVE BE_RIGHT_BACK AWAY SEIZED CONNECTED ON_HOLD OFFHOOK RINGBACK I-Am-Ready PhoneHasCall PhoneHasMissedCalls</led_on>
		<led_blink_slow perm="">PARKED HOLDING I-Am-Almost-Ready  I-Am-Busy CurrentIdentityHasVoiceMessages PhoneHasVoiceMessages PhoneHasCallInStateHolding</led_blink_slow>
		<led_blink_medium perm="">RECORDING MESSAGE DateOngoing DateReminding</led_blink_medium>
		<led_blink_fast perm="">RINGING PICKUP PhoneHasCallInStateRinging</led_blink_fast>
		<led_red perm="">BUSY IN_A_CALL IN_A_MEETING URGENT_INTERRUPTIONS_ONLY DND I-Am-Busy UNAVAILABLE  CurrentIdentityHasVoiceMessages PhoneHasVoiceMessages</led_red>
		<led_green perm="">AVAILABLE  I-Am-Ready I-Am-Almost-Ready</led_green>
		<led_orange perm="">AWAY INACTIVE BE_RIGHT_BACK</led_orange>
		<led_call_indicator_usage perm="">PhoneHasCallInStateRinging PhoneHasCallInStateCalling PhoneHasCallInStateRingback PhoneHasCallInStateConnected PhoneHasCallInStateOffhook PhoneHasCallInStateHolding PhoneHasCall DateOngoing DateReminding </led_call_indicator_usage>
		<led_message_usage perm="">CurrentIdentityHasVoiceMessages PhoneHasVoiceMessages PhoneHasMissedCalls</led_message_usage>
	</phone-settings>
	<functionKeys e="2">
		<fkey idx="0" context="active" label="" perm="RW">line</fkey>
		<fkey idx="7" context="active" label="" perm="RW">line</fkey>
	</functionKeys>
</settings>

Grüße

Wolfgang

Hey Wolfgang,

is your last XML LED Code the one, which fix the problem? I have the same issue with the SNOM Update 8.7.5.35.

I've provisioned the wrong LED settings after a factory reset.

Now it works! :-)

Factory LED Settings SNOM 370 8.7.5.35:

<led_on perm="">ON BUSY IN_A_CALL CALLING IN_A_MEETING URGENT_INTERRUPTIONS_ONLY DND UNAVAILABLE ACTIVE INACTIVE BE_RIGHT_BACK AWAY SEIZED CONNECTED ON_HOLD OFFHOOK RINGBACK I-Am-Ready PhoneHasCall PhoneHasMissedCalls</led_on>
<led_blink_slow perm="">PARKED HOLDING I-Am-Almost-Ready  I-Am-Busy CurrentIdentityHasVoiceMessages PhoneHasVoiceMessages PhoneHasCallInStateHolding</led_blink_slow>
<led_blink_medium perm="">RECORDING MESSAGE DateOngoing DateReminding</led_blink_medium>
<led_blink_fast perm="">RINGING PICKUP PhoneHasCallInStateRinging</led_blink_fast>
<led_red perm="">BUSY IN_A_CALL IN_A_MEETING URGENT_INTERRUPTIONS_ONLY DND I-Am-Busy UNAVAILABLE  CurrentIdentityHasVoiceMessages PhoneHasVoiceMessages</led_red>
<led_green perm="">AVAILABLE  I-Am-Ready I-Am-Almost-Ready</led_green>
<led_orange perm="">AWAY INACTIVE BE_RIGHT_BACK</led_orange>
<led_blue perm=""></led_blue>
<led_red_green perm=""></led_red_green>
<led_red_orange perm=""></led_red_orange>
<led_green_orange perm=""></led_green_orange>
<led_call_indicator_usage perm="">PhoneHasCallInStateRinging PhoneHasCallInStateCalling PhoneHasCallInStateRingback PhoneHasCallInStateConnected PhoneHasCallInStateOffhook PhoneHasCallInStateHolding PhoneHasCall DateOngoing DateReminding </led_call_indicator_usage>
<led_message_usage perm="">CurrentIdentityHasVoiceMessages PhoneHasVoiceMessages PhoneHasMissedCalls</led_message_usage>

Thanks Pietro!!!

Hello,

I see that many states are missing from the led_* settings.

I suggest you to perform a factory defaults in order to restore all the needed states

I can't get any line LED to work with 8.7.5.35 :-(.

SNOM 370 8.4.35 > two line keys > line-key led status works fine
SNOM 370 8.7.5.35 > factory reset > two line keys > no led status (call, ringing etc.)

Function keys xml:

<functionKeys e="2">
<fkey idx="0" context="active" label="" perm="RW">line</fkey><fkey idx="1" context="active" label="" perm="RW">button 2</fkey><fkey idx="2" context="active" label="" perm="RW">button 3</fkey><fkey idx="3" context="active" label="" perm="RW">button 4</fkey><fkey idx="4" context="active" label="" perm="RW">button 5</fkey><fkey idx="5" context="active" label="" perm="RW">button 6</fkey><fkey idx="6" context="active" label="" perm="RW">button 7</fkey><fkey idx="7" context="active" label="" perm="RW">line</fkey><fkey idx="8" context="active" label="" perm="RW">button 9</fkey><fkey idx="9" context="active" label="" perm="RW">button 10</fkey><fkey idx="10" context="active" label="" perm="RW">button 11</fkey><fkey idx="11" context="active" label="" perm="RW">button 12</fkey>
</functionKeys e="2">

LED Settings xml:

<phone-settings e="2">
<led_on perm="">ON BUSY IN_A_CALL IN_A_MEETING HOLDING DND UNAVAILABLE ACTIVE INACTIVE AWAY PhoneHasCall PhoneHasMissedCalls</led_on>
<led_blink_slow perm=""> PhoneHasMailboxMessage PhoneHasCallInStateHolding</led_blink_slow>
<led_blink_medium perm=""></led_blink_medium>
<led_blink_fast perm="">RINGING PhoneHasCallInStateRinging PhoneHasMonitoringLineKeyInStateRinging</led_blink_fast>
<led_red perm="">BUSY IN_A_CALL IN_A_MEETING HOLDING DND PhoneHasMailboxMessage</led_red>
<led_green perm="">AVAILABLE</led_green>
<led_orange perm="">AWAY INACTIVE</led_orange>
<led_blue perm=""></led_blue>
<led_red_green perm=""></led_red_green>
<led_red_orange perm=""></led_red_orange>
<led_green_orange perm=""></led_green_orange>
<led_call_indicator_usage perm="">PhoneHasCallInStateRinging PhoneHasCallInStateCalling PhoneHasCallInStateRingback PhoneHasCallInStateConnected PhoneHasCallInStateOffhook PhoneHasCallInStateHolding</led_call_indicator_usage>
<led_message_usage perm="">PhoneHasMonitoringLineKeyInStateRinging PhoneHasMailboxMessage PhoneHasMissedCalls</led_message_usage>
</phone-settings e="2">

Do I need a XmlSubTag to configure the old line-key-LED behavior?

Answer
To let you all know: setting the phone to factory defaults and manually re-applying its configuriation did the trick.

Hello,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue here: i have a 320 and 370 and line LEDs works as well.

@Jens: I'm converting your request into a ticket so we can investigate more.

Thanks,

Yes, it is really annoying that firmware seems not to be tested thoroughly on "old" devices.
This is strange anyway, because there has not been a real successor to the 370 for a long time and the D375 is just available since a short while. Whileas the 370 is "old" in a sense that it has been developed some years ago, it has been actively sold and also been promoted via the snom homepage until the D375 became available.
In my case I am forced to stick to 8.7.3.25 for the time being because this apparently is the last version with working line key LED function, which for me is one of the most BASIC features of a sophisticated desk phone.

... es wird seit dem letztem Update auch kein Bild mehr von der Türstation übertragen!!!

Schön langsam wird's mehr als bedenklich!

Reist euch den Riemen Jungs!

LG

I've same problem with 320 model. I've restored LED functionally downgrading @ 8.7.3.25.

Login or Signup to post a comment