How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

SnomIPPhoneDirectory - how to Dial

I want to set up a common address book, so thought I would use the feature that can use a hosted XML file, and assigned to function key P6 as an Action URL

The Directory appears when pressing the button and I can scroll up and down the list,  but I dont know what to do to make it dial.  There is no response from pressing the TICK button.

I use a Snom 300 handset fw. 8.7.5.35

and here is my code.  I have tried several examples and all have same issue,  with and without the SoftKeyItem group

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SnomIPPhoneDirectory>
<Title>PhoneList - Snom</Title>
<DirectoryEntry>
<Name>Friend, First</Name>
<Telephone>555-456-7890</Telephone>
</DirectoryEntry>
<DirectoryEntry>
<Name>Person, Second</Name>
<Telephone>555-654-0987</Telephone>
</DirectoryEntry>
<SoftKeyItem>
<Name>F1</Name>
<Label>Dial</Label>
<SoftKey>F_ENTER</SoftKey>
</SoftKeyItem>
</SnomIPPhoneDirectory>

Best Answer

I solved it,  after a myriad of changing firmware, factory resets and restoring settings.

My phone was only active on Identity 4.

Once I reconfigured my account on identity 1, pressing the tick button dials out.

Whether there is another setting or not that impacts this, i dont know, and dont care :)

Now I can move on.

hi,

try to write the phone number without hipen-minus.

let me know if this helps.

br

removing the hiphen doesnt make any difference, still wont dial

thanks

The following works just fine for me using a Snom D715 running 8.7.5.35:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SnomIPPhoneDirectory>
<Title>PhoneList - Snom</Title>
<DirectoryEntry>
<Name>Friend, First</Name>
<Telephone>555-456-7890</Telephone>
</DirectoryEntry>
<DirectoryEntry>
<Name>Person, Second</Name>
<Telephone>555-654-0987</Telephone>
</DirectoryEntry>
<SoftKeyItem>
<Name>F1</Name>
<Label>Dial</Label>
<SoftKey>OFFHOOK</SoftKey>
</SoftKeyItem>
</SnomIPPhoneDirectory>

thanks,  though i think the Softkey details need to be revised for the Snom 300 as it doesnt have soft keys.

There is no online help what to do here.

With the above I can dial an XML contact using the tick key. I am aware the Snom 300 doesn't have any soft keys as such I would just remove the soft key item group from the xml (I did read that you tried with and without the soft key item group). Basically the tick button should initiate the call! Have you tried factory resetting the phone? Or maybe trying a different firmware version by downgrading?

1 person likes this

Paul, thanks.

I had one old handset in the cupboard, still on 7.3.30, and tried it out. The Tick Button does make it dial out.

So there is either a fault in the 8.x firmware, or the XML structure requires revision. I have submitted a support ticket

Have you tried v8.7.5.25 or v8.7.5.19?

I doubt very much that the XML structure requires revision, Snom firmware can be a nightmare when trying to find a stable version.

I also noticed a lot of the old links no longer work, not sure how you submit a bug report these days... Open a support ticket maybe?

http://wiki.snom.com/Main_Page

----

For everything VoIP

[url=http://www.ukvoipforums.com]www.ukvoipforums.com[/url]

I opened a ticket and started a dialogue with SNOM.  will update this when resolved.

Answer

I solved it,  after a myriad of changing firmware, factory resets and restoring settings.

My phone was only active on Identity 4.

Once I reconfigured my account on identity 1, pressing the tick button dials out.

Whether there is another setting or not that impacts this, i dont know, and dont care :)

Now I can move on.

Login or Signup to post a comment