How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

2nd Hand Snom 300 cannot set it up.

I had to go and buy a second hand Snom 300 thinking I was saving some money!!!

Now when i went to set it up all I get is the previous user number and info but when I went to reset the password is not 0000!!!!!

I then tried to log in online using the ip address and low and behold the password is not admin , admin as have been told tried many variants none worked.

asked previous owner who states they never changed any passwords.

I have been trying for 2 days now to reset by tftp but to no avail as I all my computers are mac based.

someone please help.

Thank You.

Best Answer

Setting up a TFTP server on a Mac is easy. It's already built into Mac OSX.

If you open a Terminal you will find a folder /private/tftpboot under your user account. Download the Snom firmware binary to your Mac and copy it into the /private/tftpboot folder and rename it to snom300.bin (for a Snom 300 phone). Something like this should do, depending on where you saved the file, and the particular version of the file(s):

cp /Downloads/snom300-8.7.3.25-SIP-f.bin /private/tftpboot/snom300.bin

then you change the permissions of the folder(s) & file(s): 

chmod -R 777 /private/tftpboot

then you load and start the server 

sudo launchctl load -F /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/tftp.plist
sudo launchctl start com.apple.tftpd

You will need to know the IP Address of the phone, and the IP Address of the Mac with the TFTP server to carry out the TFTP update. On a Snom 300 remember to use the ^ (up) navigation key to move to the next IP Address before hitting the OK (tick) button.

1 person has this question

MACs are basically a UNIX derivative. All you would have to do is get the TFTP server setup.

Wasn't one of these was it: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272058370284

The phone's MAC is registered with a provisioning server!

Answer

Setting up a TFTP server on a Mac is easy. It's already built into Mac OSX.

If you open a Terminal you will find a folder /private/tftpboot under your user account. Download the Snom firmware binary to your Mac and copy it into the /private/tftpboot folder and rename it to snom300.bin (for a Snom 300 phone). Something like this should do, depending on where you saved the file, and the particular version of the file(s):

cp /Downloads/snom300-8.7.3.25-SIP-f.bin /private/tftpboot/snom300.bin

then you change the permissions of the folder(s) & file(s): 

chmod -R 777 /private/tftpboot

then you load and start the server 

sudo launchctl load -F /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/tftp.plist
sudo launchctl start com.apple.tftpd

You will need to know the IP Address of the phone, and the IP Address of the Mac with the TFTP server to carry out the TFTP update. On a Snom 300 remember to use the ^ (up) navigation key to move to the next IP Address before hitting the OK (tick) button.

On your secondhand Snom 300, when auto-reprovisioning overwrites your settings on reboot, and again asks for a username and password for the web interface, you can try changing the Update Policy to "Never update, do not load settings" on the Advanced menu > Update tab, before rebooting  while the phone is connected to the Internet.

Login or Signup to post a comment