How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

Show Incoming number when in queue

Hi,

I have a question regarding number presentation on incoming calls. We use a Asterisk PBX with Snom 720 phones.

When a user receives an incoming call directly to its extension I see the callers number on the phone display. But when the incoming call comes from a queue, (i.e. Switchboard or support) then I only see the name of the queue on the phone display. Is there any setting that allows the phone to display only the incoming number regardless if the call comes in through a queue or not? Or is this only related to the Asterisk PBX?

Best regards

Peter Enbjarde

Best Answer

Hello Peter,

yes, this behaviour is managed from the PBX. The phone displays the caller-id reported into the SIP headers sent by the PBX.

Best regards,

Answer

Hello Peter,

yes, this behaviour is managed from the PBX. The phone displays the caller-id reported into the SIP headers sent by the PBX.

Best regards,

Hi Pietro,

The caller-ID is currently sent in the SIP headers but is not displayed on the SNom 720. We've connected a Gigaset handset to the same extension in the same PBX as one of the Snom 720 and that phone shows the incoming number. Isn't there any setting in the Snom 720 that I can adjust to show the Caller ID?

Best regards

Peter

Hello Peter,

can you please paste here the SIP INVITE received from the phone when a queue call reaches the phone ?

Thanks

Login or Signup to post a comment