How can we help you today?
Start a new topic
Answered

Getting 3CX Directory onto Snom M9r Phone

I am running the 3CX Phone System Version 12, and decided to add in some Snom M9r phones. I was able to manually provision the phones and they do work, but I am unable to access the directory of extensions. Is there a way to have the phones automatically provision the extension directories?

Since 3CX does not officially support these phones, I cannot work with them to get this issue addressed. This is heavily disappointing given that Snom markets compatibility of these phones with 3CX.

Best Answer

Hello Preston,

since the m9 provisioning isn't included out of the box in 3CX you should create a template containing the phone settings and the addressbook,

Here is a starting point about the phone settings and address book syntax: http://wiki.snom.com/Snom_m9/Documentation/Online_Manual/Auto_Configuration_and_FW_Update

Answer

Hello Preston,

since the m9 provisioning isn't included out of the box in 3CX you should create a template containing the phone settings and the addressbook,

Here is a starting point about the phone settings and address book syntax: http://wiki.snom.com/Snom_m9/Documentation/Online_Manual/Auto_Configuration_and_FW_Update

Hallo Preston
i have 3 m9 and wanted to use them after switichung to 3cx. Can you send me the 3 files for provisining you use ?
Many thanks

Peter

Peter,

I never got anywhere with it. I looked at the documentation, but could never create a template. It's a bit of a circle... the Snom position is mentioned above, and 3CX will not help you because it's not one of the phones that they support. I had purchased the phone because Snom pitched it works with 3CX, which is a half truth. You can manually configure it to work, without a good amount of work, it will not work with everything.

I've also had issues where the phones kept occasionally suddenly stopped working until I performed a factory reset. Only happened a handful of times over the last 2 years, but it's annoying. Just would rather you know the experience I've personally had. But if you can find some provisioning files that might improve things, please do let me know.

Preston
Thanks Preston
i hazzle around from yesterday thats why i went online and found your links.
Can you help me to send me settings you used in 3cx?
thanks Peter

Peter,

To overly simplify the process I took to set it up...

You have to log into the base station itself through a web browser to do the manual configuration. You will be making use of the 3CX server's IP address, the extension, the extension's password, as well as telling the phone it's going to be connecting to a 3CX system. When you get through a number of those settings, you'll have the phone working.

Check this page to see a little bit of it, as I used it as a resource when I configured my phone:
CallCentric M9r Instructions for Connecting to 3CX

Server Type will be 3CX
Registrar and Outbound Proxy are both the IP of your 3CX system.
Authentication name is the extension, and the password is for that extension.

There is absolutely nothing you can do through the 3CX system itself, unless you manage to create a provisioning template, but don't expect to get any help with it from either company. However, there are quite a few helpful tips to learn if you ever take the 3CX classes.

Preston
hallo
i made it very simple   and it took 3 min  to get it working
--
main issue was that it took each call automaticly
but there was someone how had solution in net
thanks
Peter

Login or Signup to post a comment